Chapter 4: I'll do fine on my own

*Next morning*

"Goodmorning momma" I had a small smile plastered on my face with hopes that she forgave me, but soon my hopes were given up.

She turned her back to me and continued to cook breakfast as usual. I sat at the table and kept my head down.

Faith walked into the room and sat by me smiling. "Goodmorning" she hugged me.

My mother plated the food, but only came back to the table with two plates, one for her and the other for faith.

"I don't feed whores" she still didn't look at me and seeming as she was satisfied she smiled to herself.

"Here you can have some of mine" faith pushed her plate between the middle of us and handed me a fork.

As I began to pick some eggs up off the plate she smacked my hand away and pushed the plate back over to faith.

I looked over at faith who had hatred written all over her face and rubbed her back. "I'm not very hungry" I told her.

"Me niether" she pushed the plate away from her and grabbed my hand. We left the table and went to my room.

She went in my closet and started packing my bag. "Faith, what are you doing?" I took the bag from her and turned her face to look at me.

She snatched the bag back and continued to pack. "We're leaving" she growled.

"Put the bag down faith" I tried to take the bag away from her but she pulled the back away and continued to pack.

"Hey, hey it's okay I can handle mom this doesn't have anything to do with you, okay?" I tried to sweet talk her.

"This does have something to do with me" she ignored me and went to her room to pack a bag.

I sighed and plopped down on my bed. I pinched the bridge of my nose and almost bursts into tears.

"Come on Tahani we're leaving" Faith said walking into my room with both of our bags. 

My mother busted into the room and tried to grab Faith's hand, but she shook her away and stood to my side. My mother looked at me and as she began to charge at me faith stood infront of me seeming to be unbothered by my mother's anger.

"If you touch her I swear I'll never talk to you again" she scolded my mother, her breathing heavy.

She grabbed my hand and harshly pushed past my mother. As we were walking down the stairs I felt a stinging sensation in my back.

The next thing I knew, I was falling to the ground. My eyes flickered up and down trying to stay open.

"Stay with me, you're alright" faith held me in her arms and caressed my face.

Soon everything went dark, but I could still hear my little sister  screaming.

"What did you do!" Her tears trickled down her rosey cheeks.

*Faith's POV*

I watched my sister slowly drop to her knees, not one cry or scream escaped her lips.

I pulled the knife my mother stuck in her back out and threw it at her surprisingly hitting her in the arm. It only made a little slice, but It was enough for me.

"I hate you!" I pulled my phone out and dialed 911. Before I could push call she kicked the phone out my hand and pushed us down the stairs.

I sat up, blood trickled from my forehead down my face, but I still wasn't going to give up.

I pushed call and drug my sister out of the house into the cool winter air. I laid her on the ground and wrapped my sweat around her.

My mother ran out the house and tackled me. She lifted the knife above her head and stabbed me in the right shoulder.

We wrestled around for a bit untill finally I heard sirens. She lifted the knife above her head once more and slashed it across my stomach.

The last thing I heard was the sound of a gun going off. My mother rolled off of me then everything went dark.

*Tahani's POV*

When I finally came to a bright light was shining in my face. There was a loud beeping coming from the side of me and cords ran all around me.

The doctor came in holding a clipboard to his side. "Ms.Perez" he smiled and stepped closer to my bed. "You lost alot of blood, but other than that your fine. Your vitals seem to be okay and so is the baby. You should be up and running in a week or two" he looked up from his clipboard and up at me.

"What about my sister?" I asked with a hint of worry in my voice.

"She's in the next room..she did loose alot of blood and she's currently struggling with breathing so we put her on a breathing machine"

"Can you please take me to her room...please I'm begging you" I asked him scrunching up my eyebrows in sadness.

He had a few nurses come into my room and help me into a wheelchair. The wheeled me into the next room where my sister was at. I grabbed her hand and kissed it.

Beep...beep...beep

That stupid machine pissed me off so much, it's not easy seeing your sister depending on a bunch of cords and tubes to breath. It's complete bullshit.

There was a knock at the door. I looked over at the door and nearly cried...

"Daddy".....

To be continued....

Sksksksk This chapter is weird as hell💀