Chapter 19: Beyond It All

My eyes widened. There was no way in hell that I would take him, I mean I can barely provide for my two daughters and I, how could I provide for him too.

"Tahani...please?" She asked with pleading eyes.

"I can't...why me?" I asked handing him back over to her.

"I can't take care of another baby, Tahani. I'm not physically or mentally stable" she looked down with sad eyes.

"What does that even mean?" I asked slightly raising my voice.

"I'm not right in the head. I can't even provide for us, just please. I'm a danger to us both" she sounded so sincere about this.

I sighed and took him away from her. She handed me a folder. "What's this?" I asked opening it up.

"It's all of his information, like his birth certificate and social security card, stuff like that" she said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

She kissed his cheek and for the first time I was feeling bad for her. She caressed my cheek and started walking away.

I looked down at my little brother and held him close to my chest. As I made it back to the car my heart started racing.

"Tahani? Why are you holding a baby?" Michael said taking him away from me.

"He's my brother, she can't take care of him anymore so I took him...she told me she was a danger to them both How was I supposed to say no?" I said taking him back.

I looked at the girls who were both sleeping peacefully in their carseats. We headed off to where ever Michael's jet was.

When we made it his guards loaded the jet up with our stuff. Michael carried the girls while I held my little brother.

I sat by a window seat and looked out the window.