Chapter 17: I Gotta Go Back

The next morning I carefully slipped out of the bed. I left the room and called myself a cab to go back to work.

I know what Michael said, but I can't risk the safety of my children. I've seen women who have kids try to run away from here and get the worst punishment a mother can ever experience.

Their child being taken away from them....

I've seen my boss take them to court and have their kids takin away from them because of "child endangerment". I couldn't imagine life without my children.

They're my heart...they mean more than the world to me and I don't want them to grow up feeling like they were never loved.

My thoughts were cut short, by the urging growl from the taxi driver. "Aye lady! Get out!"

I jumped a little and handed him the money before stepping out of the cab. I ran into the building and got prepared for the night like I would any other day.

My boss was in there, his hand was clenched around...keisha...my co workers neck.

He let go and paused for a second when I walked in. He grinned and slowly walked towards me.

"Where were you?" He grabbed my hair and swung me a round for a bit.

"I'm sorry! I had to go check up on the girls because anti-India was sick...I'M SORRY!" I whimpered as my back crashed against the wall.

He stuck me once, then left go of me. "Don't leave without permission, bitch! That goes for all of you! Y'all work for me!" He eyed everyone in the room down.

"I own y'all! Understood?" He raised an eyebrow and stared at me hard then did a once over at everyone else.

I stayed quiet and shivered a bit as he caressed my tears away. He looked me up and down then left the locker room.

It was dead silent, we got ready for tonight in silence. I put on my waitress outfit and left the locker room.

I made my way behind the bar, there was a lady sitting there. Her head was down and yet I felt as if I knew her...

"Goodmorning, what can I get for you" I smiled pulling my notepad and pencil out.

She lifted her head, her smile fell and formed a frown. I looked into her eyes and in that moment all I felt was anger.

It was my mother...

She reached for my hand, but I jerked it back and scrunched my face up. "Selena" I dryly nodded.

"Tahani-" she began, in a soft voice.

I cut her off and took a few steps backwards. "Look if you don't buy something I'm gonna have to ask you to leave" I spat.

"Oh, r-right. Of c-course" she stuttered taking a look at her menu.

Once she gave me her order I left the bar and handed the note to the chef.

"Spit in it for me, would ya?" I rolled my eyes at the thought of her and went back out the the bar to give her, her drink.

I sat her drink on the counter giving her a cold glare. She grabbed my hand, I jerked my hand away and stepped back.

"You have no business touching me." I scolded shaking my head.

She examined my face for a second. Her eyes went from sadness to worry.

"Who hit you?" She covered her mouth and gasped.

I bitterly chuckled. "You're worried about who hit me... says the women who stabbed her own daughter in the back..... literally...fuckin hypocrite" I shook my head as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I'm not proud of what I did. But I want you guys back in my life." She was so sincere...

But I didn't care. I was too mad at her. "I don't want anything to fo with you" I spat dryly beginning to walk away.

"If you wont do it for me...do it for your brother"

I stopped in my tracks. I spun back around on my heels and walked back to the counter with an arched eyebrow.

"I don't have a brother.. what are you talking about" I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Actually you do..." she paused with a slight smile on her face. "I had him a year ago" she looked down at her thumbs.

"Fine..." I finally decided after staring her down for a minute.

She looked up at me shocked, and happy. Her lips curved into a small cheeky smile.

"Only for him though. We can meet this Saturday at the park." I wrote my number on a piece of paper and walked away.

I came back to the counter with her food, but when I came back, Michael was sitting there.

I froze in my tracks. He looked at me, his eyes were full of anger.

I sat her plate down in front of her and pulled him outside to talk.

"What the hell are you doing back here, Tahani?"

"Michael I have to. It's not that simple to just leave. If he finds me he'll kill me"

"Not if I'm here. I wouldn't let anyone hurt you. Just come home with me"

"It's not that simple" I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. "I can't just leave...I'd be putting you and the girls in trouble...and I can't leave my little brother behind"

"You don't even have a brother" he lifted his eyebrow and turned his head to the side.

"Selena had a baby about a year ago...I can't just leave him and not be in his life."

"We can work something out. Whether you wanna go or not your gonna come with me"

"Michael-"

He cut me off and threw me over his shoulder. He through me in the back of his limo and the driver pulled off.

"Michael let me out!" I hit his chest with anger in my voice.

He grabbed both of my wrist and wrapped his legs around mine so I couldn't kick. I huffed still struggling to get out of his grip.

"Calm the fuck down! You're not going back there!" He yelled at me.

I had broken one hand loose and managed to slap him....

I really regret that....

To be continued.....

I promised one of my readers that I would post and it took me this long to get an idea for a new chapter. I sincerely apologize to anyone who reads this book. Sorry if the book is kinda lame.