eight.

"the food is really good, yixing-ah," minseok said. yixing shrugged.

"thanks," yixing replied, though he himself was not eating.

"eat," baekhyun told him. yixing shook his head.

"no," yixing replied, "trying to get my physique back. i shouldn't eat until i've got my eight pack back."

"well what do you got right now?" sehun asked, reaching forward and lifting yixing's shirt. yixing immediately pushed his shirt back down, eyes wide.

"y-yah, you can't just-" yixing stuttered out, "sehun!"

"you don't need to work out," sehun shook his head, somehow managing to lift yixing's shirt back up, "you have a really good bod, hyung."

"ha, i did the same thing yesterday," tao laughed to himself in chinese.

"sehun, you're embarrassing him," baekhyun said, grabbing sehun's hand and forcing it away from yixing's body, "he's still not used to your shamelessness, he's still barely getting used to mine."

"ten out of ten, if you were the type to sleep around, we'd have already slept together by now," sehun told yixing bluntly, then going back to eating.

"low key same though," jongdae said, agreeing with sehun, "reckon he's sweet in bed?"

"nah, used to hear tzuyu scream for hours," baekhyun sighed, running a hand through his hair, "yixing acts sweet but he's a rough bitch-"

"oh my, lemme die," yixing said to himself, hiding his red face in his hands, "why the fuck are you guys like this?"

"cause it needs to be discussed," baekhyun said, winking at jimin. the younger blushed, fiddling with his fingers. sehun quickly caught on, laughing into tao's shoulder. the elder just threw an arm over sehun's shoulders, already done with his food.

"hyung kink," tao threw in, feeling the need to add to yixing's embarrassment.

"kink?" sehun rose an eyebrow, laughing slightly, "what is it, then?"

"he's got a lot, you should of heard what tzuyu used to call him in bed-"

"no," yixing said, shaking his head, placing his hand over baekhyun's mouth as he stared at him, "no, okay?"

"you get flustered so easily," jongdae laughed, "we're only kidding, hyung. we didn't know anything about your sex life till you confirmed some of our statements just now."

"i can't with you all," yixing sighed, shaking his head. sehun opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off suddenly when his phone rang.

"who is it?" yixing asked, embarrassment forgotten. he didn't tend to dwell on things too long.

"ex boyfriend," sehun whispered, staring at his phone wide eyed. he had significantly paled and his hands slightly shook. yixing frowned, taking the phone from him.

"do you want me to talk to him for you?" yixing asked. sehun cleared his throat, nodding as he balled his hands into fists to steady them, crossing his arms over his chest.

"yeah, t-thanks hyung," sehun agreed. yixing nodded, leaving the apartment.

"why's he calling you?" baekhyun asked, abnormally serious.

"he... he must've gotten my new number from someone," sehun said, chewing on his bottom lip like he did whenever he was scared, "i'll have to get a new one again."

"or, i could hit him in the head with a baseball bat," jongdae offered. sehun broke out into an unexpected smile, rolling his eyes.

"shut up, you'd never," sehun said, leaning more into tao. jongdae rose an eyebrow, but baekhyun defended jongdae faster than he could himself.

"i don't know, hunnie, dae did used to be the captain of his baseball team. the best batter his high school had ever seen," baekhyun said proudly, arm linking with jongdae's and his head falling on the dinosaur's shoulder.

"really?" tao asked, "didn't know."

"i don't talk about it," jongdae explained, "the guys on the team were... well, assholes. a shame, since i really did enjoy the sport."

"mm, i know this story," sehun nodded, "didn't they spread a bunch of rumors about you?"

"mhmm," jongdae nodded, slightly frowning at the memory, "whatever. i'm over it now. not like my baseball career was gonna go anywhere."

"wait a minute- you're chen! that's why you look so familiar!" minseok suddenly exclaimed. jongdae blinked, looking to the elder.

"huh?" jongdae asked, "did we meet before or...?"

"yeah- you probably don't remember me. kim minseok, i went by xiumin back then. i was... bigger," minseok exclaimed.

"xiumin- holy shit!" jongdae said, wide-eyed, "you were that senior that used to put a rose in my locker every day!"

minseok's ears tinted red, "yeah, that was me?"

"wait- HE'S THAT GUY THAT MADE YOU REALIZE YOU WERE GAY?!" baekhyun screeched. jongdae blushed.

"yah, shut up," jongdae said, slapping baekhyun upside the head.

"you were great at baseball- everyone said you were gonna go pro," minseok said, remembering just how good the younger was at the sport, "why didn't you?"

"are we missing something here?" kris asked.

"i'll explain," baekhyun said, "minseok and jongdae used to go to the same high school. minseok was a senior and jongdae was a freshman. can i just say, minseok, you've totally glowed up. minseok used to put a rose in jongdae's locker every morning. jongdae was on the baseball team and realized his feelings for minseok. word got around that he was gay. the rest of the guys on the baseball team didn't take well to it, and they started spreading a bunch of rumors about jongdae being a slut or whatever. it got so bad that jongdae moved to another city and started going by his real name. at least people were more accepting there, but jongdae didn't dare join the team again."

"that's why you dropped off the grid?" minseok asked, surprised. jongdae smiled sadly, nodding.

"yeah. thanks, by the way," jongdae told minseok.

"for what?" minseok asked, confused.

"the roses. i was going through some family shit back then and they made me feel better," jongdae said shyly, "so, thank you. you know, it's funny, i was even gonna tell you that i liked you, but then my mom moved me to another city since she found out about the bullying and such. i never even got your number, if i has i would've kept in touch."

"you liked me?" minseok asked, utterly shocked, "but- i was really big then. i looked like an overstuffed sushi roll."

"i thought you were cute," jongdae shrugged, "plus you were really sweet."

minseok grinned.

"well, same goes to you."