seventeen.

yixing stared at tzuyu in shock. she was there, assisting a customer with a self checkout machine. junmyeon followed yixing's eyes, noticing that the elder's ex girlfriend was there. and damn, was she pretty.

and then eunwoo walked up to her, kissing her once she finished helping the customer. yixing just stared, even when tzuyu finally noticed him.

"yixing," she said in surprise, "what're you doing here?"

"who's this, babe?" junmyeon asked yixing, already coming up with a plan. yixing looked at him, still in a state of shock.

"tzuyu," yixing responded. junmyeon nodded, grabbing yixing's arm and placing it on to his shoulders.

"okay. come on, let's pay," junmyeon said, cutely pressing a kiss to yixing's shoulder. tzuyu stared at him.

"who are you?" tzuyu asked, obviously upset.

"i'm yixing's boyfriend," junmyeon said, "kim junmyeon."

"he's your boyfriend?" tzuyu asked, shocked as she turned to yixing, "you really aren't the same person i wanted, yixing."

yixing frowned just slightly, looking to junmyeon.

"i like the way he is," junmyeon frowned, getting defensive, "he's happy now. he should be happy. now fuck off, stop harassing my boyfriend."

and with that, junmyeon pulled yixing to him by the neck, pressing his lips against the elder's sweetly. yixing's eyes widened before they closed, one hand falling onto junmyeon's waist and the other cupping his cheek. junmyeon forgot that the moment was just to get yixing distracted and to get tzuyu jealous of what she had lost, instead melting into the kiss. his arms wrapped around yixing's neck, wondering how someone could kiss so sweetly without liking the other person.

junmyeon was snapped out of it when he heard tzuyu scoff, walking away angrily. junmyeon was about to pull away, but yixing worked his tongue past the younger's, exploring every inch of junmyeon's mouth. they probably would have continued to kiss until they ran out of air, but someone behind them cleared their throat. they pulled away from each other, embarrassed. they glanced at each other, and yixing quickly looked away so he could pay for the items. junmyeon cleared his throat, bagging the groceries before turning to look to the taller. but yixing was already walking away, leaving junmyeon to rush after him.

"hyung, hyung, wait," junmyeon said, grabbing onto the elder's wrist, "i'm sorry. i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. i know you don't swing that way, i was just trying to show tzuyu that you didn't need her."

yixing looked to him, eyes slightly teary.

"junmyeon-ah," yixing said, "i'm not straight."

junmyeon frowned, confused.

"what- what do you mean-" junmyeon started.

"i'm pansexual," yixing told junmyeon, "and i don't know why, but every time i get near you now, my heart speeds up a little bit and my hands get sweaty. i'm feeling things i've never felt before, and it sucks, cause you're not ready for that and i'm a coward when it comes to love. so i'm sorry, but now i don't think it would be fair for us to be friends anymore. i'll catch feelings too quickly, and you'll end up pushing me away. so let's go back to the way we were a few days ago, okay?"

"a few days ago?" junmyeon asked, stomach twisting for some reason. there was a lump of his throat, and it just didn't make sense, since he had only known yixing for a weekend. he had lost friends before, and it didn't affect him like this.

but yixing only nodded, wiping a tear from his eye.

"just roommates."