01.

"Summer camp Utopia sounds like a magical place." Came my twin sisters voice as she leaned in the doorway of my room.
She was in just a light pink sundress with her white sandals on.
Her blonde hair done in curls while her brown eyes remained hidden behind her sunglasses.
Which sounded pointless considering we were inside our house.
Not outside.

I stood next to my bed with my suitcase still empty which caught her attention as she frowned now.
"Casey seriously! My bags are already packed and ready." She exclaimed.
I crossed my arms with an arched brow.
"I'm a guy, we don't rush things." I defended.
"Yeah no shit, but seriously Cas. Get packed, mom wants to beat the traffic to the camp." She told me.
I made a face.
"Fine." I rubbed my temples walking over to the dresser but came to a stop at the sound of my phone ringing.

"Perfect timing." I grumbled walking over to the nightstand to find Jordan Mendes calling me.
To be perfectly clear, Jordan was an on and off kind of thing.
We fought a lot and he was always after sex.
To be honest, that shit was exhausting and when my mom mentioned the idea of a summer camp.
Chelsea practically begged me to go with her.
In the end I agreed, only because I believed I deserved a break for once.

"Hey." I greeted the other on speaker as I walked back over to the dresser to begin packing.
{"Hey, what are you up to later?"} Jordan questioned on the other side.
I stood up straight with an annoyed look.
"I told you a million times now that I'm going to that summer camp with Chelsea." I reminded him once again.
{"Aight so I don't remember you telling me this, when will you be back?"} He asked sounding irritated.
I placed some shirts in the suitcase with a slight frown.
"I'll be gone until school starts back up." I explained.
{"Whoa hold the fuck up, you're gonna be gone for nearly three months? What the hell am I supposed to do with you gone?"} He demanded.
I nibbled my lip for a moment.
"Maybe get a job or something, hell if I know Jordan. Look-"

{"Are you actually getting an attitude with me?"} He asked and I could hear that fake sadness in his voice to guilt me into feeling bad.
"No Jordan I-"
{"You know what? Just go, I'll find a way to kill time but once you get back. You and I are going to have a serious talk."} He told me.
I felt this weird feeling appear in my chest as I stared at the phone.
"We're not even a serious couple Jordan, we're fuck buddies." I reminded the other.
{"We could be more than that if you'd actually submit to me-"}
"No thanks, anyway I have to get packed. See you in three months." I said hanging up without giving the other a chance to say anything else.

I stood there and let out a small shaky breath.
To be honest.
Jordan terrified me.
Sure we were fuck buddies, but he had a real bad temper.
I could never tell my mom or even Chelsea because I knew they'd freak out and call the cops.
But there was a reason why I wore t-shirts in the pool or why I couldn't walk around shirtless.

The bruises.
The reason why I kept my door locked at night was so no one would walk in on me crying.
Because despite the abuse and the sex.
I was developing feelings for Jordan.
And I knew that wasn't healthy.

So this camp was my getaway.
That way I could try to breathe and find myself.
Maybe find someone else who isn't Jordan Mendes.
The school's biggest bully and flirt.
Who somehow wormed his way into my once simple life.
And corrupted me into thinking abuse was him loving me.
It was sick.

"Casey Foster you better have those clothes packed-"
My mom came into the room and I was thankful that I had clothes on.
She stood there with crossed arms.
"We're leaving in twenty minutes so be ready." She told me as I nodded looking to my suitcase.
Even though I wouldn't be alone there.
I was still nervous.

A summer camp with nothing but strangers.
How could anyone not be nervous about this?

But just like that twenty minutes flew way too fast and we were out the door heading to Camp Utopia.