The Baymax

You slipped on your headphones and picked out your two favorite colors, and sprayed them on the wall. "Hey, Fred, are there shape stencils in the box?" You asked. "Lemme see," he said, shuffling through the box. "Sorry, I d- Oh! Here! Think fast!" He chuckled the stencil pad at your head. You instantly turned around, to be greeted by a flying stencil pad hurling towards your face. "Aiyeee!" Screaming out the famous (Y/N) yelp, it harshly hit your face making a very loud "SMACK" sound, knocking your headphones off of your shoulders, the cord from the chain reaction yanking your mp3 out of your pocket. Instantly, the Big Hero 6 team was at your shoulders (whilst I was stealing your mp3. Just kidding!). "Ohhh my gosh, bro, I'm so SO sorry!" Fred fretted. "Hnng... Owwhh..." You said. Suddenly, off near Hiro's workplace, a big white thing emerged. "W-w-woah!" You stuttered. "W-w... WHAT'S THAT THING?!" Out of all your years working, you've never seen something like... that thing.

"Don't worry (Y/N), that's just-" Hiro said. "Hello! I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion!" Baymax chanted his greeting. Your eyes widened. "H-healthcare companion?" You continued stuttering. 10 little faces appeared on his chest. "On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?" "Uhm..." You touched the top right of your face; where it hurt most. "Owwh... About... 7.9.8.5?" You said. "Approximately eight!" Baymax said. "I shall scan you now." "Baymax, DON'T scan her." Hiro piped up. "I-I agree with him; don't scan me!" You said, trying to soothe your now bruising face. "...Scanning complete." Both you and Hiro facepalmed. "Seriously?" You asked. Hiro sighed, "Exactly." He said, answering your question. "Nothing has happened yet, but it appears that (Y/N) is on her period. This means-" "BAYMAX, IT WOULD MAKE ME FEEL BETTER IF YOU WOULD SHUT UP!!!" You yelled, other people in the nerd lab looking at you strangely. "...Okay!" He chirped, waddling off to do who knows what. You were blushing; your face equivalent to that one favorite red crayon you used to color with in kindergarten. Honey patted your back. "It gets worse..." Honey said, while GoGo had a different approach. "You're on your period?" Meanwhile, the guys just fiddled around, staring at the floor. Hiro was almost blushing as much as you were.

This situation is certainly awkward.

"S-so.." You said, standing up, trying to fight back your blush. "How about we just forget everything that happened and get to work?" You said, trying to sweep off the entire situation. GoGo handed you a stick of her precious bubblegum. "You'll need it." She said, following your words, and going back to her workplace. So did everyone else, except a certain 14 year old boy genius with the fluffy raven black hair that wanted to converse with you. He awkwardly shuffled over to you. "So, u-uhm.." "Yeah?" You regained your cool... Sort of. Your cheeks were still a light pink, like cherry blossoms. "Sorry about that." He murmured. "Oh, no, it's alright! Baymax is really cool!" You put your hand on his shoulder; something you've never really done before. This slightly surprised you. "Did you build it?" You smiled. Hiro frowned. "My- I-... Tadashi, my brother, did... But he-" "I heard about that." You gripped his shoulder a bit more tightly now. He sighed. "You wouldn't understand." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Actually, I do." You frowned too. "When I was five, my mother died in a car wreck." You said. It didn't really affect you anymore, but her last words were really stuck in your brain. You remembered that your mom had four jobs, she wasn't really around that much, but you still loved her with all your heart. At the time, basically, she was your role model.

Without noticing, a tear trickled down your face. "Oh, I'm... So sorry.." He whispered, wrapping his arm around you in pursuit to comfort you. "Don't be." You smiled. Suddenly, a well-groomed man, looking very professional, walked into the room holding a clipboard. "Oh no!" Hiro urgently whispered. "What?" You said in a normal voice, and Hiro shoved his hand onto your mouth so shush you. "Someone from the staff comes in every two hours or so and makes sure that we're working; being productive!" "I see, so-" you said, but were cut off by the man. 'Wow, he moves QUICK!' You thought, in awe. You'd think that in this big lab that checking on everyone would take 20 minutes or so. "Hiro Hamada and (Y/N) (L/N), slacking off on their job." The man spoke as he wrote on his clipboard. "Hiro, this is about the 4th time this week." "Oh no..." He whispered. "(Y/N), since you're still getting to the swing 'f things 'round here, I'll let you off the hook." The man scribbled more on the clipboard. You shot Hiro a sympathetic look and mouthed "I'm so sorry!" He just shrugged and smiled. 'How can he be so cool with this?' He kept his cool look as the staff member made eye contact with Hiro. You looked back and forth between the two. "I've had enough of this, Hamada. Today, you're not allowed to go out at break, and you have a lunch detention." His smile instantly dropped. "What?! No! I-" "No back-talking, Hamada. Do you want a lunch detention tomorrow too?" The staff member smirked. You went pale. "...I got the message." Hiro stood up from next to you and took a few big steps to his own workplace, opened a compartment, and took out a binder, pencil, and started sketching.

Your left eye twitched. The staff member dramatically turned around, and left. Instantly, the Big Hero 6 team came over to Hiro. "Oh, snap, Hiro! You really got yourself on this one." Wasabi said. Guilt tugged at you even more; you decided not to walk over there. It would be much more awkward for you. Hiro glanced over the team to look at you, you were shivering even though it was quite warm inside. "You know, (Y/N), I'm not mad about it." He said. "But I got you in trouble..." You murmured, tinkering with bits of metal. "That doesn't matter." He said, coming over to you once again to sit next to you. Honey and GoGo whispered to Fred and Wasabi, and they all evilly smirked, and giggled. "...You sure?" Looking up from your desk, into his honey-brown warm eyes. He nodded. "You gonna be okay..?" Concerned, you fully turned your body towards him. "You're sounding like my Aunt Cass!" He laughed, and patted your back. "I'll be fine~" He smiled, and rolled his eyes; whilst Honey and GoGo were fangirling in the background, figuring you and Hiro's 'ship name'. Suddenly, the bell ringed. "Break time!" Fred said, and dashed out the door. Everyone walked out, except you and Hiro. "Don't worry! Baymax also keeps me company." "Alrighty then.." You rocked on your heels. "Seeya!" and you skipped out the door, to catch up with the Big Hero 6 team.

Yay! I did it! Here's a little note: This story is also on DeviantART, under my ol' account named StruckLazy. That's about it. Like Fred said, Hiro's gettin' da hots for you~ *wiggles eyebrows* Reader-tan, so lucky. I guess that's all I have to say for now. Until tomorrow (hopefully)! Ciao!

P.S. ...Re-reading in 2020... Who, in college, gets lunch detentions? -Critique-A-La-Mode