Breakdown

As my due date gets closer and closer I become more and more scared. I mean I know I'll be a great mom but I'm scared it will be too much. I sit up in bed starring at the door not wanting to move due to the swelling of my feet. Derek comes in, "Hey you're up. Need anything?" He asks. "These babies out. Carrying two kids is taking a toll on my body." I answer him holding my belly. I leave my hands there as I feel the tiny beings inside kick my hand. "Derek come here." I say taking his hand as he reaches me and put them on my stomach. I see his face light up as he too feels them kick. "Wow there rambunctious today." He says. "Yeah it's like having Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee roundhouse kick my uterus." I describe and he laughs at my reference.

"Look you have an appointment today maybe afterward we can go for a drive, just the two of us." Derek says. I had totally forgot about my check up I nod and he helps me up so I can shower up. After my shower I look at my small frame with my enlarged stomach it's a wonder I don't tip over when I walk. I head down to join Derek. I stop along the way at the twins room, Derek set everything up and the two cribs look perfect in the room we decorated. Bailey comes out from behind the door. "Hi mommy." she says. "Hey bug what are you doing in here?" I ask her as she grabs my hand and pulls me further into the room. She shows me a box. "What's in here?" I ask. "All my toys. The babies need toys and I'm a big girl now. I shared." She says proudly. "Well that's very nice of you. Come on let's go find Daddy." I say reaching for her hand, once she happily takes it we head downstairs.

Derek is sitting on the couch with Otis at his side. "What took you?" He asks as Bailey climbs upon his lap. I sit next to him, "I found Bailey in the twins room, sharing her toys." He smiles as he looks at her. "You ready to be a big sister Bailey?" He asks her and she nods vigorously. "When's my appointment?" I ask as Bailey listens to my belly. "In about two hours. Your mom said she would pick Bailey up at the Dr's office. I think she said something about finding Ian a car." He says. "Yeah she mentioned that last week. Speaking of cars can we take the Impala?" I see his face brighten up. When Dad died he left Derek his sixty seven Chevy impala. Derek left it with mom, since he didn't have a place for it in New York. He hasn't driven it since we moved here. "Yeah that would be nice." He replies with his heart melting smile. "I just have to make sure everything is good to go first. Be right back." He adds practically running to the garage.

Bailey continues sitting next to me talking to my belly, "I'm your big sister. I'm going to purtect you." She says I smile down at her and play with her soft hair. She is growing up so fast, I hate that I missed a year of her life. Luckily Derek took lots of video. I turn on the TV and watch some news for an hour.

I haven't heard anything for awhile, So I head out to check on Derek. I open the Garage and don't see him. But the door is open. I head out the garage door and see Derek looking sexy as hell with the hood popped open and grease covering his arms and hands. He reaches up and closes the hood. "Damn look at you looking like a grease monkey. Come here." I say pulling him by his shirt closer to me. "Maggie, Stop it. I'm all dirty. I don't want to get grease on you." He says pulling away. I don't know if it's these hormones or lust but I manage to pull him back into me with force. His face looks shocked as I place my lips on his. He throws his arms around me dropping a wrench and towel. "Damn Maggie, If all I had to do was get all greased up from working under a car, I would have done it a long time ago." He says tapping my nose. "You might have to do it more." I say walking away.

On the way to the Dr's Bailey starts singing a song about being a big sister she made up. "Bailey you sing wonderful." Derek says looking into the rear-view mirror. "I know." She says. "Love you Bailey." He says, "Love you too, Daddy." I smile.

We pull into the office and now we're sitting in the waiting room. The receptionist girls are just adoring Bailey. "Grayson. Maggie." The nurse calls out. Derek picks up Bailey and we follow the nurse. Dr. Baxter comes in, "Hello Maggie. How are you today?" She asks. "I'm good. Ready for Elijah and Alaina to get here." I say pulling my shirt up exposing my belly. She goes through her routine. "I notice we have a visitor today." She says looking at Bailey. "This is Bailey." Derek says. "Hi. I'm gonna be four soon." She says. "Really. You're such a big girl. You ready to be a big sister?" Dr. Baxter asks her and she nods.