Eventually

It's been two weeks since Derek and I separated, Bailey has been sleeping with me for the past week. I just feel like a shell of myself. Derek and I haven't talked since the twins party. I've been taking Leah to school since Derek isn't here. Today is the last day of school then it's spring break. The girls are taking me to New York for a girls weekend. When I take Leah to school today, I'm going to ask him if he would watch the kids.

Mom comes over and picks up the little ones and Leah gets in the car. On the way over she asks, "So do you want me to stay at the house to help Mr Grayson?" I make the turn to the high school, "Um yeah if you're comfortable with that." I say. She nods and checks her phone. "How are you and Trevor?" I ask pulling into the parking lot. "Good, I hope Mr Grayson lets me go out. I already have plans." She says. I park and we get out. "Are you nervous?" She asks me. I haven't really noticed but no, I'm not.

We part ways when she sees Trevor and I continue the walk down the hallway to Derek's classroom. I see him sitting down at his desk with his head down. I knock on the door frame, and his head shoots in my direction. He looks shocked to see me, "Hey." I say. "Hey." He hesitantly says standing up. "I need to ask you a favor?" I say walking in further. He nods and sits on the edge of the desk. "The girls and I are going to New York for the weekend and I was wandering if you could stay at the house with the kids." I ask. He crosses his arms, "Yeah, I'd love to. Is Leah going to be there?" He asks. "Yes, but she already has some plans with Trevor, so let her go." I tell him. He nods.

"Ok , We're leaving tonight, so you'd want to be over around six." I say. "Maggie." He says just as I turn towards the door. "Are we ever gonna set aside some time for us to talk about our future?" He asks. I take a deep breath and walk over to him. I look up into his green eyes full of pain. And place my hand on his cheek, "For some unknown reason I still love you, but right now I need some time." I say and place a kiss on his cheek and walk out.

Back home I finish packing then head over to moms and visit with the kids. "So Derek's gonna be at the house with the little's?" Mom asks. "Yup." I say as Elijah tries climbing on my legs. "Have you two talked?" She asks. "No, he wants to. But I need some time you know." I say finally giving in and picking Elijah up. "Well baby, at some point you have to figure out what you're going to do. I mean ya'll aren't just in some any old relationship, you're married." She says. "I know mom. I don't want to give up on us. I love him so much it hurts. I mean I'm glad he was honest with me, but at times I wish he never told me." I say.

"Well I guess it's good he was honest, you just go have fun and come back and talk things over." I know my mom is still a little mad at Derek for what he did, so for her to tell me to talk to him means something. I miss him lying next to me, I miss his smile in the morning, but I don't want to be that girl who immediately forgives her cheating husband. I sit with mom for a few more hours when Ian walks in, "Hey did you order a new wall display?" He asks me. "Yeah I did. Did it get there?" I say. Ian nods, "Yeah, So you leaving today?" He says kissing mom. "Yup, in about another couple hours." I say.

We sit and watch as Bailey goes on and on about how she's going to be a princess and shoot ice out of her hands. She has such a wild imagination. As I sit beside mom, I feel my phone vibrate.

Derek: Hey on my way over

Me: Ok

"Alright little's you all ready to see daddy?" I say and Bailey jumps up and down as the twins mimic her excitement. Ian helps me get them in the stroller, "Thanks mom. Love you." I say hugging her. "You're welcome baby. Be safe." She says.

Derek pulls up just as I walk out of mom's. He waves and Bailey runs to him. "Daddy, why aren't you home yet?" She asks him. He looks at me, "Well because Nana still needs my help. I'll be with you this entire weekend though." He tells her and her face lights up. I can't help but smile at the happiness he brings her. The girls pull up behind him, "Hey you ready chick." Liv shouts from the car. "Just a sec, gonna get them situated first." I shout back. They nod and roll up the window back up.