Under My Skin

A couple weeks have passed since Gary's arrest. Jennifer and I have been discussing things about Leah, she doens't understand why Derek and I would want her to stay with us. While Derek's at work Jenn, Liv and I have decided to take the kids to the park, hopefully Liv and Jenn will get along.

Jennifer pulls up in my driveway as I wait outside with the kids in their stroller. "You ready to get these animals to a park?" Jenn asks getting out her own stroller. "Of course. Bailey has been bugging me all morning." I say meeting her at the curb. Once she has her boys strapped in, she stands up letting out a huff of air. "Ok lead the way." She says. I push off as she strides beside me, "We're going to Liv's first then we'll all head over." I tell her. Bailey and Conner walk in between us each holding on to their stroller. As we approach Olivia's house I see her waiting outside. Jenn nudge's me, "Is that Olivia? She asks. I nod. "Hey Liv, You ready?" I ask her as I lean into her stoller to see Paul. He smiles as I tickle his tummy. "Yeah. Hi Jennifer." Liv says greeting Jennifer with a warm smile.

Jennifer rushes in and hugs Olivia catching her off guard. Reluctantly Olivia pats Jenn's back, Jenn releases her grasp on her. "You look good Olivia." Jenn says and peeks in at Paul, "Oh my goodness, he is adorable." She says. "Thanks. He gets his looks from his daddy." Olivia says, well so far so good. "Well lets take these munchkins to the park." I say and in unison we begin pushing our strollers. We're only about ten minutes away from the park. As we reach the small park with scattered trees surrounding it. I set up the twins play pen as Bailey leads Conner and Aiden to the playground. Paul is still getting used to running, It's amazing how fast he started to walk. Jenn, Liv and I sit on the bench and watch our kids play.

"So Liv how old is your little one?" Jenn asks her. "He's ten months." Olivia responds. I see Jenn's shocked face, "Wow and he's walking already? That's good. My boys are four and two every bit of their father." Jenn says, Liv laughs knowing as young as Paul is he is definitely his fathers son. "You know Liv is always talking about how great our life is and how people from school wouldn't believe we are where we are now." I say. "I agree, I ran into one of my old teachers and she was like well I'm glad you're not some truck stop hooker. I was like gee thanks." Jenn says. Jenn was pretty wild back in school. At one point we all thought she was moonlighting as a stripper.

"Can you blame her for thinking that?" Liv replies. Jenn rolls her eyes with a smile. "So Maggie tells me she introduced you to your husband?" Jenn asks. Liv tells her the history and shows her some pictures of her and Ryan. "Damn girl. He's good looking." Jenn says. "That's not all he comes fully equipped with a British accent." Olivia says proudly and Jenn's mouth drops. While they talk I go over and see how the kids are doing, little Paul follows. I find Bailey and the boys in the blue tunnel above the green slide. "Mommy, Aiden's scared to go down the slide." Bailey says as soon as she see's me. "Did you tell him it's ok to be scared?" I say looking at little Aiden and I see Bailey nod from the corner of my eye. "It's ok Aiden, I'll go first." Conner says and slides down. He shouts from the bottom, "I made it!" Aiden gets up and stares down the slide, I help Paul up to where they are and climb up to join them. I look down at Conner, "Stand at the end of the slide so he can see you, when he comes down back up a little ok." I say and he nods.

"Bailey sit down, I'm gonna put Aiden in your lap ok." She nods and sits, I then put Aiden between her little legs and she wraps her arms around his stomach. Bailey pushes off and little Aiden is laughing hysterically all the way down. After they have moved, I slide down with Paul. I'm met by Liv and Jenn holding Alaina and Elijah. "Having fun?" Liv asks me. I nod brushing my butt off. I check the time and I'm surprised at how much time has passed. As we gather things and load kids up, Jenn and Liv continue to talk. "Do you plan on having anymore kids?" Jennifer asks Liv. We begin to stroll back, "Yes definitely. I want a girl of course." I try to listen as we walk back but I keep thinking about Leah. Jennifer helped us sign the proper papers to obtain custody.