Chapter 32

Mercedes watched the clock. It was taking forever! She just wanted to leave and get to the hospital to see her new niece!

"Alright, for the next class, I want you to read the next three chapters and complete your reading log. See you Monday." Her professor clapped his hands.

Mercedes mentally cheered before getting her things together and flying out of the class. She took the elevator to the first floor and went to the parking lot.

She looked around but didn't see anyone coming. Come on, Mikey! She pursed her lips as she waited impatiently.

She checked her phone and saw she had time to kill. Mike's class let out five minutes after hers. She decided to go to the bathroom since she had so much time to waste anyway. Plus she had to pee.

She went inside the building and to one of the many bathrooms. She used one of the stalls and washed her hands before a sudden urge overtook her. She leaned over and threw up. "Really?!"

Morning sickness was a major pain. And it didn't stick with just mornings. It was inconvenient to say the least.

She washed her mouth out and rewashed her hands before popping a piece of gum into her mouth and touching up her makeup. Then she went outside to wait on Mike.

He was there, leaning against Rhonda. She went up to him, happy to see him, and leaned into him. "Hi."

"Hey." He dropped a kiss onto her mouth. "Ready?"

"Yes! Let's get out of here!"

He chuckled and escorted her around the car to open the door for her. "Want to go by the house first?"

"No way. I want to go straight to the hospital."

He shut the door on her then went around to climb inside. He put his seatbelt on and started the car. "I see someone's excited."

"We have a new niece." She clapped.

He pulled out of the parking lot and made a left turn. "You're determined to win Best Aunt."

"I am!" She chirped. "Don't you want to be Greatest Uncle?"

"I already am Greatest Uncle."

"Your modesty is becoming..."

He grinned. "Mally and Mickey love me."

"Yeah but should they?"

He looked at her. "Is that a mood-swing?!"

"I'm not having mood-swings!"

"Sounds like a mood-swing to me." He mumbled as he looked back at the road.

She hit him.

"Ow!"

"I'm not having mood-swings! I will never have a mood-swing!"

He remained quiet.

"Say it!" She growled. "You have to say it!"

He frowned. "Why are you growling at me?!"

"Say it, Mikey! Say it! I will never have a mood-swing!" She hit him in time with her words.

"I'm driving, woman!" He flinched.

"I don't hear anything!"

"Ow! Okay! You'll never have a mood-swing!"

She shot aside and he flinched again. She kissed his cheek. "Thank you!"

He stared at her in horror before a car horn made him refocus on the road. What have I done?

M&MC