Chapter 48

"I hate this!" Mercedes grumbled as she threw a tube of eyeliner onto her vanity.

"I know, Sissy but it's your job." Quinn brushed blush onto her cheeks with a light hand.

"Put these on." Laura held up a pair of gold ballet flats.

Mercedes turned and slipped them on.

"Here." Marcy held up a palette of eye shadow. "I'll do you up like ‪Missy Elliot‬ in her Sock It to Me music video."

"Ooh!" Mercedes liked that. "Remember when we'd rap her music?"

Marcy smiled but Quinn laughed. "I just remember Marcy rapping to ‪Lil Kim‬!"

Laura blushed. "I can still hear her rapping How Many Licks."

Santana raised a brow (she was already dressed for this last minute appearance). "Your moms let you rap about screwing?"

"Momma had a heart-attack when she heard Marcy rapping that." Mercedes held still so Marcy could paint her eyes.

"Mom didn't even know what it all meant and she was so embarrassed." Laura shook her head. "She'd ask Momma Rose what certain stuff was and Momma Rose would tell her that they came to America at the same time."

"Now remember Marcy couldn't speak English back then." Quinn giggled. "She was just good at memorizing song lyrics."

Santana laughed. "So you had no idea what you were sayin?!"

"Nope." Marcy started on Mercedes' lip look.

"How many years ago was this?!"

"It was the '90s, chick."

"I swear I wish I could hear that!"

Marcy concentrated on Mercedes before her mouth opened suddenly. She began rapping softly ‪Lil Kim‬'s hit, How Many Licks.

Laura was bright red, Mercedes and Quinn sang the chorus and Santana was enthralled.

Santana clapped when she was finished. "Fuckin wanky!"

"Girl, shut up!" Marcy tossed aside the makeup used on her sister. "You're done now. Are you happy?"

Mercedes smiled at her reflection. "I look good. I'd do me."

The girls fell out laughing.

M&MC

"When is this show?" Artie asked.

"You ask that everyday." Mike stuck his tongue out as he smashed buttons.

"And you guys say I can't remember nothing!" Puck snorted.

"You can't!" Both piped up.

"Seriously though." Mike went on. "Why do you keep asking about the show?"

"Cuz. You just got this gig right after school and your other show ended and now you're in another production that's set to take place at some random time. You work all the time." Artie complained. "When's that going to be over?"

"You're just sour that you're bored after your first big directing gig."

Artie's forehead twitched. "Wrong!"

"I think you are." Puck wanted to start some stuff. "All you do is sleep until the afternoons when you go into work."

"I was working hard for five months straight!"

"Ain't nobody knockin you for that! We just sayin that you're spinnin yo wheels. Figuring."

"It's figuratively... and no, I'm not. I'm taking a well deserved rest. You're the one who was complaining about being bored when everyone else is busy because the studio didn't need you as much when it comes to promotion and crap."