Into the Fire

"I can't believe that my own son is turning against me because of a silly girl!" King Thranduil yelled, eyes filled with anger.

He was no longer masking his feelings and that scared you.

"I can't believe that you are threatened by this girl, so much that you would keep her locked up!" Legolas yelled back, his blue eyes filled with fire.

Right now you were thankful that you were behind the protection of the bars.
King Thranduil smiled, "Fine. We will make a deal." He began.
"I'll let her out. The two of you have one day to get as far away from here as possible. In one day I will send my best men after you. Every day for the rest of your life, you will be looking over your shoulder for me. I will find you."King Thranduil threw the key to your cell at Legolas before exiting the dungeon.

"Don't do this!" you pleaded with Legolas.

"We are free." He looked confused.
"No we aren't. This is just a game to him. He will find us and then we will wish that we were dead." You cry, worried for his safety.

"Don't worry." He says, "I've got a plan." He caresses your cheek before unlocking the cell door.

"Go pack a few things and meet me at the front gate." he kissed you on the forehead before running out of the dungeon.

You take a deep breath, and try to clear your head.

This is a trap.
I know it is.
His plan had better be a good one.

You run to your room and throw a few things into your backpack and turn to leave, finding your mother standing in the doorway.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" Your mother spit, "haven't you embarrassed this family enough!"

"Well you won't have to see me anymore, I'm leaving." You tried to shove your way past her.

"With the prince?" she questioned, her beady eyes narrowed at you.

"Yes." You said, watching her expression.

"You are ruining this family!" she screamed, "you ungrateful brat!

"Sorry mother, I have to go."
You push by her and walk down the long hall, not looking back.

Making your way to the front gate, you pass King Thranduil and other elves who just stare.

"I was beginning to think you weren't coming." Legolas said when you got to the gate.

"I ran into my mother." You said quietly.

"Everything will be okay." he said stopping and pulling you into him.

He leans down, putting his forehead against yours and closes his eyes.

You inhale, taking in his scent, feeling his skin against yours.

"We have to go." you said, reluctantly pulling away from him.

Together you leave the kingdom, nothing more than a small bag and each other.

I don't know where we are going.
I don't know how long we will really be free.
All I do know is that I'm walking into the fire with this Elf.
There was no turning back now.