Midnight

You wake, looking around to realize that you are in your room at Rivendell, though you can't remember how you got here. That's when you notice that you're not alone, Legolas is laying beside you, his arms wrapped around you. He must have brought me in here, you thought.
The last thing you remembered was being in the hallway, on the floor.

"You're awake." Legolas says, scaring you.

"I thought you were still asleep." You say, taking a deep breath.

"Did you bring me in here?"

"Yes, you fell asleep, and you were completely out, so I brought you here. I was worried about so I stayed, I hope that's okay." He said starting to sit up.

"Of course it's okay!" you say, putting your arms around him so he wouldn't get up.

"Good," he laughs and kisses the top of your head.

You snuggle back up against him, feeling his warmth.

"It's so beautiful here at night," you say, staring out the open window. The moon was high in the sky, and the light was dancing across the water.

"It is." he agreed.

"What are we going to do about King Thranduil. He won't give up and we can't let Elrond risk his people's lives for us." You say, getting to the point.

"I don't know. We could run, but chances are, my father has his soldiers stationed right outside of Rivendell. We would barely make it outside of the gate before we were captured.
If we stay here we risk lives of innocent Elves. There is no good option." He sighs, staring out into the night.

"So either way, death is inevitable." You say coldly.

"Pretty much." Legolas confirms what you already know.

"How long do you think we have here before King Thranduil makes his move?" you ask.

"We might have a few weeks at best." Legolas says.
You sigh, the odds weren't good.

"So lets make the best of the time we have." Legolas says, sitting up.

"What?" you ask, not sure where he was going with this.

"Come here." he says standing up and walking over to the open window.

You follow and look out into the night. Everything was so peaceful and beautiful.

"You are so beautiful." he says, caressing your cheek with his hand.

"Wether we have a day, a week, a year, or an entire lifetime together, I would never regret anything I've done to be with you. I love you, marry me?" he asks, taking your breath away.

You start crying before you can speak and Legolas looks confused.

"Yes!" You choke, wrapping your arms around him and burying your head in his chest. "Of course I'll marry you." You whisper.

This may not be my ideal life but it is my ideal mate and that was enough.
Nothing else was important.
And nothing could ever, ever, steal this happiness from me.