Knowledge

"This place is really amazing" you said to Legolas as you left the dining hall.

"It is, it really is." he smiled, "I'm so glad you like it."

"Like it? I love it. It's so different from home. It's peaceful, and Elrond is the most gracious elf I think I've ever met." You gushed, you could see this place as your home for a very long time.

"So would you like to explore a little?" Legolas asked, wrapping an arm around your waist as you walked side by side.

"I think that I'm just going to go to bed." You admitted, you had hardly slept since you left the woodland realm and exhaustion was sweeping over you fast.

"Oh, okay." He said, sounding a little disappointed.

"We will tomorrow, I promise." you smile, hoping that was okay.

"Fine." he laughs, kissing you on the cheek.

"Well, here is your room." He stops in front of your door.

"Goodnight." you say, kissing him wishing that he was coming to bed with you.
You haven't been separated since you left, you weren't sure how it would feel without him, even though he was right across the hall.

"Goodnight, my love" he said, and you walk into your room, shutting the door behind you.

This room is so beautiful, you thought.
This while place is beautiful. I wonder how different my life would be if I had grown up here in this peaceful place.

Your head swirled with what ifs as you climbed into bed and drifted asleep.

You awoke when the sun started to light your room. You got up and bathed, got dressed, then headed to the dining hall for some breakfast.

"Good morning" Elrond smiled, "how did you sleep?"

"Better than I have in a while." You smiled warmly at him.

"That's good, please sit and join me." He motioned to the seat across him,
"is Legolas up yet?"
"I haven't seen him." You said, taking a seat.

"Very well." Elrond shrugged, taking another bite.

"Were you close with your family?" he asked, taking you by surprise.

"No not really, they kept trying to arrange marriages that would bring honor to the family, but I was just a disappointment." You answered honestly.

"But they would have been happy with you marrying Legolas had your king not forbidden it?" he questioned, his eyes trained on you.

"They would have loved it." You smirk.
"Why did King Thranduil have a problem with you?" Elrond asked.
"I'm just a common Elf, I bring nothing to the marriage, at least that was his excuse." You answered.

"You believe there is another reason?" he said curiously.

"I don't know. There's just something in his eyes..." You trailed off.

"Well, the both of you are welcome here for as long as you'd like. I do hope you make yourself at home." Elrond changed the subject, seeing that it was upsetting you.

"I was hoping that I could take tour later, if that was okay?" you asked, wanting to see if the rest of the rooms were as spectacular as the ones you've seen already.

"Of course! We have plenty of rooms filled with marvelous place. We take pride in knowledge here. we have a huge room filled with books, a peaceful room for thinking, and plenty of other things to keep you entertained." He said, taking pride in Rivendell.

"Things are so different here." You stated, enjoying Elrond's company.

"How so?" he asks, amused.

"Back home, everything was about power. Who had the most power. How could we get more power. That's all anyone cared about." You said, feeling relieved to talk to someone about it.

"It's such a shame when potential is waisted on such meaningless garbage." Elrond sneered, and you saw a flicker of disgust in his eyes.

"Hey am I interrupting anything?" Legolas said, sitting down beside you.

"Not at all." Elrond chirped, "we were just talking.

The three of you sat in silence for a moment.

"Well if you will excuse me, I have some errands to take care of," Elrond stood up and left.

"How did you sleep?" you ask Legolas, nudging his shoulder.

"Great, for the first time in weeks." he smiled, nudging you back.

"So are you still up for that tour today?" you ask, wanting see what wonders Rivendell held.

"Of course." he said, kissing your cheek.

It was great to finally feel free.