Loyalty

"Have you been speaking to my father like that since he basically kidnapped you from Rivendell?" Legolas asked, a realization washing over him.

"I have." You say, like it was nothing.
"And he hasn't killed you yet?" Legolas looks at you, amazed.

"Not yet." You laugh, "but I'm sure he really wants to."

"And you're going to keep pushing him like that?" Legolas looked at you like you were insane.

"He won't kill me." You reassure him.

"How can you be sure?" Legolas asks.
"Your father does love you, in his own twisted way. And I don't care what he says, on some level he likes me too." You say, trying to make Legolas laugh.

"You talked to him a lot on the way back here?" Legolas looked uncomfortable.

"I did." You nodded, not sure how much you should tell him.

"And do you still see my father as a monster?" he asked, unsure he wanted to hear your answer.

"Your father is a monster, but I understand why, sort of." You say, watching Legolas closely.

"And what did he tell you that made you view him in a more understanding way?" Legolas was getting irritated.

"I can't tell you that." You say, though you didn't like King Thranduil, you didn't feel right about telling a secret that wasn't your own.

Legolas gave you a cold look that sent a shiver up your spine.

"It's not like I'm protecting him or anything, it just isn't mine to tell!" you defended.

"No, It's fine." Legolas said walking away from you.

"You can't get mad about that!" you plead.

Legolas said nothing, but continued to walk away from you, out of the throne room.

Out of one crappy situation, and right into another. You thought.