Sunset

It was sunset now, only a few minutes left until you were marrying the man of your dreams.

"Are you sure this is really what you want?" Galadriel asked leading you to the alter.

"Yes!" you squealed, barely able to contain yourself.

"This way." Galadriel smiled warmly.
You walked out to the ceremony to see the elves of Rivendell had all gathered for this event.

You walked out expecting to see Legolas already waiting for you, but you didn't see him.

"Where is Legolas?" you ask, afraid he had changed his mind.

Galadriel didn't answer, but a grim look spread across her face, and that is when you saw him.

"I'm afraid Legolas won't be making it." King Thranduil said, stepping out of the crowed.

"It's very rude to not invite your family to your wedding, is it not?" he smiled, his cold eyes like daggers.

"What did you do?" you ask, panic washing over you.

"I didn't do anything." He sneered.

"Where is he?" you plead, hoping he was okay.

"My guards are escorting him back to his kingdom." He narrowed his eyes at you.

You fall to your knees, the happiness you had felt was replaced by a cold dark numb feeling.

"Lady Galadriel, it is so lovely to see you again." He said, ignoring you now.

"You have no place here." She spoke.

"I'm just doing what is best for my son." He said.

"Do not forget that I know your true thoughts. You cannot honestly say your motives are pure." she stepped towards him, while Elrond rushed to your side.

"I do not know what you mean." He smiles.

"I just came for my son, and her." King Thranduil looked at you again.

"You will not be taking her." Elrond stood in between you and Thranduil.

"If you hand her over, me and my men shall leave peacefully." King Thranduil offered.

"No." Elrond refused.

"I will go with you. Just do not harm anyone here." You stood, accepting your fate.

"You don't have to do this." Elrond said, his eyes filled with concern.

"I do." You said, not wanting these kind elves to suffer because if your defiance.

"Well, come along." King Thranduil smiled, holding his arm out for you to take it.

You refused and walked past him, following his soldiers out of Rivendell.

"It is such a lovely night. It would have been perfect for a wedding." King Thranduil taunted, riding his elk beside the horse you were given.

When you didn't say anything, he continued talking.

"You gave up easier than I'd expected."
He mused.

"What would have been the point in fighting?" you sneer.

"Exactly. I'm so glad you see it that way." He smiled coldly.

"You're a monster." You say, looking straight a head.

"If you want to look at me as a monster than so be it, but I've lived for thousands of years. I've seen what the world is, I've known what love can do. I'm protecting my son from that." King Thranduil says, looking away from you.

"He won't listen to you as long as you treat him like this." You insert your opinion where you're sure it isn't wanted.

"And what do you know of raising children?" he spits.

"I don't know anything of children, but I do know that he isn't a child anymore." You spit back.

"We will stop here for the night and continue our journey home tomorrow." He yells at his men, riding off from you.

You settle in for the night, soldiers surrounding you, and though you try, sleep never comes.