Chapter 8

I was just about to go to bed when my phone started ringing. I answered without looking to see who was calling. "Hello." I said.

"Hey Brook it's Jared. I hope I wasn't interrupting anything. I couldn't sleep. So I figured I'd give you a call."

"No I wasn't doing anything. Just getting ready for bed." I replied.

"Sorry. I guess I'll just call you another time." He said.

"No it's okay. I really was just going to lie in bed and think about our conversation earlier. I'm actually wide awake." I said.

"Really you were thinking about me?" He said in a teasing voice. "I was thinking about you Brook. I wish we could have spent more time with each other. I didn't want the night to end."

"I know neither did I. But like I said I want to get to know you better before we dive into a relationship. I'm kind of worried about Cass. How is she going to take you breaking up with her?" I asked him.

"You'll know soon enough. When I was on my way back to my room I ran into her. I told her we needed to talk. I figured it was best to just end things now instead of prolonging it. I was honest with her. I told her we wanted different things. I told her I met someone and I was interested in seeing where a relationship would go with that person." He said.

"WHAT......you did what. Did you tell her it was me?"

"No Brook, I thought it was best if you told her. I know you're her best friend and to some people what we're doing is wrong. But I don't care what people think. I have feelings for you. To be honest I've always had feelings for you. Lately they've grown stronger. That's when I knew I had to end things with Cass. Are you afraid of how she'll act when she learns the truth?

"Yes Jared, you don't know Cass like I do. I'll tell her when the time is right. I'll just have to deal with the consequences. I think you're worth it, you're worth fighting for." I said to him.

"What do you mean? What will she do to you? What aren't you telling me Brook?" I was just about to tell him when I heard a key in the door.

"Listen I hear Cass outside the room. Can we meet up tomorrow so we can talk face to face?" I asked him.

"Sure just text me the location. Goodnight baby." He said ending the conversation.

I had a kool-aid smile on my face when Cass entered the room. He called me his baby. I'm somebodies baby.

"What the hell are you so happy about?" She said.

"Nothing I just had a really good night. What about you?" I asked. I already knew but I still wanted to hear her side of things. She sat on her bed glaring at me. Does she know?

"Apparently you had a better night then me. Do you believe Jared had the nerve to break up with me. Talking some shit about we're in different places and he's interested in some bitch. He fucked up big time thinking he could just dump me. When I find out who the bitch is I'm going to destroy her." She said.

"Why don't you just let him be? You can't force him to be with you." I said to her.

"He's my meal ticket. I'm not going to let him go. I don't give a fuck what he says. I'll fix him, you'll see. He'll regret the day he ever thought he could get rid of me." She said with a crazy look in her eyes.

I didn't know what to say. With the way she's acting there's no way I could tell her about me and Jared. I know I told him he's worth fighting for but at what cost. I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize Cass left the room. Needless to say I had a sleepless night. I was still thinking about what I should do about Jared. I guess I better figure it out soon, I would be seeing Jared later and I knew he would want answers.