three

The group ran through the snow towards the White Witch's house where Ed was supposedly going. They stopped at the sight of a giant ice palace. They could see their brother's silhouette entering the castle, "EDMUND!" Lucy yelled.

"Shhh! They'll hear you!" Mr. Beaver shushed Lucy. Peter began to run but Mr. Beaver grabbed onto him, "no!"

"Get off me!"

"You're playing into her hands!

"We can't just let him go!"

"He's our brother!"

"He's the bait. The Witch wants all five of you!"

"Why?" Rose asked.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true. To kill you!" The beaver exclaimed.

"This is all your fault!" Susan said to Peter.

"My fault?" He asked her.

"None of this would have happened if you had listened to me in the first place!" Susan bellowed.

"Oh, so you knew this would happen?" Peter asked her snarkly.

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should've left while we still could!"

"Stop it!" Lucy screamed. "This isn't going to help Edmund."

"She's right. Only Aslan can help your brother now." Beaver said.

"Then take us to him." Peter said. The sound of a howl caught their attention.

"We should probably run." Rose suggested and the group started to run back to the dam house.

They burst through the door, "hurry, mama! They're after us!"

"Oh, right then."

"What's she doing!?" Peter asked while watching her grab food.

"Oh, you'll be thanking me later. It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry." She explained.

"I'm cranky now!"

"Do you think we'll need jam?" Susan asked.

"Only if the witch has toast!" Peter retorted. A sudden barking filled their ears making Rose gasp and her hand to find Peter's. Another one of her phobias. Wolves.

The wolves started digging. The beaver led them to a tunnel and down they went.

The wolves followed them into the tunnel and they rushed out. Peter and Beaver moved a barrel to block the entrance.

They all looked on in silence as Beaver held onto a stone stature of a badger. "I'm so sorry, dear."

"He was my best mate." He replied. Several frozen animals stood in place.

"What happened here?" Rose asked.

"This is what becomes of things that cross the witch." A voice said. They all looked up and saw a fox.