thirteen

"Onward! The thrill of the unknown lies ahead." Reepicheep said as the unloaded the long boats.

"Couldn't this have waited until morning?" Eustace asked.

"There is no honor in turning away from adventure, lad." Reepicheep replied.

"Listen. Where is everyone?" Lucy asked as she stood behind Edmund, Rose, and Caspian.

"Come on, Jelly Legs." Reep said to Eustace.

"I'm capable of doing it myself!" The boy fell as he got out of the boat. Caspian looked to Rose.

"And you're certain he's related by blood?" He asked.

"Unfortunately." Rose sighed. The group stood around as they looked for any sign of people. A bell tolled causing Rose to unsheath her sword.

"Reepicheep, stay here with Drinian's men and secure the place. We'll head on." Caspian said, "if we don't come back by dawn, send a party."

"Yes, Your Majesty." Reep replied and scurried off. The five walked off.

"Yeah, it looks like nobody's in. Can we head back?" Eustace asked.

"Do you want to come here and guard something?" Edmund asked the younger boy.

"Ah, yes! Good idea, cousin. Very, uh, logical." He rushed towards them. Caspian handed the boy a dagger, "I've got it, I've got it! Don't worry."

The four walked into the building and looked around.

"Uh, I'm ready to go when you are." They heard Eustace say.

They approached a table in the middle of the building and looked down a list of people, "who are all these people?" Lucy asked.

"Why've they been crossed out?" Edmund asked.

"It looks like some kind of fee." Lucy stated.

"Slave traders." Caspian and Rose shared a look. The bells tolled once again and they heard a man yell.

They reacted quickly when several men dropped from the ceiling. The four fought the men until they heard Eustace scream.

"Unless you want to hear this one squeal like a girl again, I'd say you drop your weapons." The man holding a knife to Eustace neck said.

Rose glared at him and her nose flared. Rage was growing in her and her siblings and Caspian knew it. Threaten her family and you're going to die.

"Like a girl?" Eustace asked.

"Now!" The man screamed. The four dropped their swords.

"Put them in irons." The man said.

"Let's take these three to the market. Put those two in the dungeon." The man said.

"Get your bloody hands off of me!" Rose yelled.

"Listen to me, you insolent fool! I am your king!" Caspian screamed in anger after hearing the idea of his wife being taken to the market. One of the men punched Edmund in the face.