8. Can't Always Get What You Want

Ash was the epitome of sex appeal, even though he wasn't even trying. Who'd know that a person could look so good in dark jeans and a plain white dress-shirt?

The only thing I would have changed was his hair. It was up and, if my eyes weren't fooling me in the black/neon lights, even braided on one side. He still looked edible though, and the fact that I knew what he could do now probably had something to do with my unwavering attraction.

He stood up as we approached them, singing along and dancing in place, looking at me with hooded eyes and a silly smile. Oh, I knew that face so well. He was drunk as fuck. He hugged me and kissed my cheek, sending waves of electricity down my spine. He smelled so good, like musk, alcohol, and sex.

Wow, really? From a kiss on the cheek?

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I thought I was on a blind date, but turns out I know the girl all too well." He gave me a flirty smile.

"I know, right? But aren't you supposed to be on the road?"

"LA is my last stop before I go home. Had to see my big brother." He nodded at Ethan. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in Dublin?"

"I live here now."

"With Ethan and Zoe?"

"No, with someone I met here."

He narrowed his eyes, his cute bunny smile widening in a tease. "Are you banging for roof, Val?"

"No!"

"Are you selling your precious cunt for a place to stay?"

"Shut up!" I punched his shoulder, but his naughty grin never faded.

We sat down on the big couches, and I pressed my thighs together just because he referred to my cunt as "precious". This type of reaction wasn't unusual for me. It was just the person causing it that was new.

"So... California?" Ash asked as we sat down.

"I know, right? Somebody check my brain." 

"California's all right! Somebody check my brain." He sang.

"So out of tune!"

He downed a shot of tequila then tried to contain his grimace. "Cut me some slack. Not everyone can be multi-talented like you, girl!"

"Nah! You're just wasted."

"Sure! That's probably what this is..." He smiled sarcastically. "So, do you like it here?"

"Sure, why not?"

"The song's about how Jerry Cantrell enjoys living here. I don't see that happening to you."

"Who knows... I can always move to his hometown Seattle if things don't work out for me here."

"Why not Dublin?"

"Why are you so obsessed about Dublin?"

"Because I miss you."

I was left speechless, staring into his icy-blue eyes. Suddenly I wanted drunk, flirty Ash to be back. This one was scaring me. He held my chin, smiling. I looked through the corner of my eyes and saw we had an audience. Not only Ethan and Zoey were staring at us, but also a few club goers, and the last thing I needed was to be at the center of the media circus that was Ash's life. Fine, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit. It wasn't a circus, but it was definitely agitated... Much like that very club, and I didn't want to be in either.