5

Would you be depressed,
If I attend that wedding,
But only as a guest?
Such an unfaithful bride
Draped in a dress
Threads of my-

"Are you gunna get out of this damn bathroom yet!"

It wasn't long before the wedding and Andre and I were in our room, getting changed into more suitable clothes for such an occasion. As much as I trusted Andre, it was better for us to get ready in separate rooms and as soon as I suggested this, he stuffed me into the bathroom saying he would not leave me alone with an easy escape route and that he couldn't afford to waste time chasing after a heart broken lunatic if I did manage to get away.

We had argued on the way back from the coffee shop. Cat's words were whirling around my head and the glare Jade gave me was burned into my memory. The supposedly happy couple had argued this morning? It's not uncommon for Beck and Jade to break into arguments at any given moment, but on the day of their wedding?

Andre had told me to drop it, that they have little spats all the time and it'll be patched up before Jade has even walked up the aisle. Maybe I shouldn't have slapped him on the arm quite so hard after that comment, after all he was probably right, but it still made my stomach lurch painfully at the thought. However, I was still determined to know what more had happened between the two of them, to turn something as little as a tradition into an argument Jade wanted to escape from. It was the only reason I still agreed to go to the ceremony.

Another five sharp taps on the bathroom door. "TORI! Open up, girl! We need to get there A.S.A.P and I am not leaving you to mope around in a bathroom all day instead!"

I sighed and got up from the edge of the bathtub I'd been sitting on for the past few minutes. I was wearing a short, black dress with silver and grey stripes running across it in a weave type pattern, dark tights, a simple pair of black heels and a silver clutch bag tucked under one arm. I'd bought the outfit some time ago, a month or so after opening the invitation, when I was angry and hell bent on putting a stop it all. The heels weren't too high, just enough to dash down the aisle after the "Speak now, or forever hold their peace," the dress fitted perfectly, showing off my body and, most importantly, my legs, because I had selfishly wanted Jade to notice, to realise what she was missing out on, to come running to me instead.

I scrapped the idea by the end of the day. It was just a bout of childish jealousy burning inside of me. Jealousy and anger and selfish want, all because Jade had decided to turn up on my doorstep to give me the invitation herself.

10pm. I was sat on the couch in front of the tv, about to start watching a movie, when the doorbell rang, echoing through my apartment. I half sighed, half growled, having just settled myself into a comfortable position, all ready to relax and wind down after a long day in the recording studio, but still put down my glass of lemonade and pushed myself out of the seat, making my way over to the door.

I wasn't expecting any visitors, although I rarely did, my friends still hadn't broken out of the habit of randomly appearing at my house without prior warning or invitation. It was still like school, but less frequent, and it was usually only one of two people who'd be there. It was probably one of the neighbour kids messing around again, they just loved to ring everyone's door bells then run off down the corridor, hiding behind the large plant pot at the end to watch the occupants of the apartments glance around, annoyed, then storm back into their flats. I never understood the thrill anyone could get out of that.

I'd left my keys in the door when I came in, so just gave them a quick, sharp twist. Aggravated by the thought that it could be one of the boys from number 57 again, I wrenched the door open, all ready to yell out to leave me in peace just this once, when I was stopped in my tracks, my mouth hanging open and admitting a squeak like sound.