A Mermaid! (Percabeth)

Young Percabeth.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Annabeth's family had went on vacations. They went to the same beach every year. The place was known by a few, causing that the family spent a great time with the beach to themselves.

Annabeth loved going to the beach.

Most specifically, she loved building sand castles.

She enjoyed making her own, unique designs and if she wanted, she even decorated them herself!

That's what she was doing, building another sand castle. Her tiny fingers helped to make the designs in the sand look almost perfect. She stood up from the sand, admiring her work.

"All I have to do now is add some color." So she grabbed her bucket and started collecting shells, rocks and kelp in order to finish her work.

Annabeth was admiring a passing crab when she suddenly heard a SPLASH.

It came from the dock.

"Daddy!" She yelled.

"What is it, honey?." He replied from where he was sitting, far from the shore.

"Did you hear that?" Annabeth asked.

"What, Annie?" The little girl furrowed her brows, then shrugged.

"Nothing!"

"Haha, ok sweetie." He replied. "Don't go too far, ok?"

"Ok daddy."

Annabeth had lost her crustacean friend, so she continued collecting pretty things for her castle. A shell here, a rock right there, oh! Was that a penny? When Annabeth bent down to pick it up, she heard it again.

SPLASH!

It was coming from the dock once again. Her little eyes widened for a moment and then she turned to look at her dad.
He was talking animadetly with Annabeth's stepmother while Bobby and Matt where fast asleep in her arms.

Annabeth decided she would investigate and started walking towards the dock. She was getting closer.

SPLASH!

The girl left the bucket in the sand and walked carefully to the end of the dock.

SPLASH! SPLASH!

She leaned forward to have a better look and gasped in awe:

There, right there holding on to the dock, was a mermaid. A real mermaid!

He looked her age, considering how little he was compared to the drawings Annabeth had seen in her fairy tale books. The boy looked at her, eyes widening in fear, and got underwater.

'He has the prettiest eyes I've ever seen!' Annabeth thought. They were pretty indeed. An amazing sea green color than matched his large tail. When the mermaid noticed that Annabeth was not trying to hurt him yet, he slowly poked his head back to the surface.

'What!? But, how!?' Annabeth furrowed her brows and stared at his hair. It was dry! Dry! Even though he had been underwater a few seconds ago!

"How do you do it?" The blonde asked. The boy just stared at her, head tilted gently to the side.

"Your hair" She tried again, this time touching her own hair in order to help him understand.

The black haired boy blinked once. Twice.

Annabeth sighed. She sat down carefully at the dock and extended her arm out to touch the boy's hair.

When the mermaid realized what she was doing, his eyes filled with fear once again and he tried to swim away.

Tried. He was stuck.

Annabeth hadn't noticed before, but now she could see that the mermaid's tail was stuck in a net tied to one of the pillars of the dock. He was pulling HARD and she knew that if he kept pulling, he was going to hurt himself.

"Stop, stop!" Annabeth said. The mermaid stopped and looked at her in confusion.

"You're going to hurt yourself. Here, let me help you." Annabeth reached out once again and started untying the knots formed in the net.

The boy hesitated at first, eyeing Annabeth suspiciously for a few seconds, before helping her with the net.

Once untied, the mermaid started to swim further into the sea.

"Wait!" Annabeth yelled. The boy stopped and turned around. They looked at each other in silence, neither of them moving. After a while the boy tilted his head forward, as if thanking Annabeth, and smiled.

Annabeth smiled back, waving her hand to the boy.

The mermaid then got underwater and disappeared, leaving an amazed Annabeth behind, staring at the place she last saw him.

"Annabeth!" She snapped out of her daze. Her father was calling her.

"Oh, Annie, there you are!" She turned around to look at him only to be wrapped in a tight embrace.

"We called you many times and you didn't answer. We were so worried." He said stroking her hair with affection.

Annabeth hugged him, burying her face in the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry daddy." She said.

"It's ok honey." He let out a sigh. "Just, don't do it again." Annabeth nodded and looked up. Her stepmother was looking at them, holding Bobby and Matt, still asleep. The woman gave the little girl a warm smile, getting a shy one in return.

Her father pulled away and took his daughter's hand.

" Come on, let's go home." He said softly. Annabeth nodded once again and they both started walking towards Mrs. Chase *does someone know her name?*, her father taking the woman's hand.

They both started talking again while Annabeth turned her head to the sea once more just in time to catch a glimpse of a sea green tail splashing the water in the distance.

Hi!!! Hope you liked it! There's probably going to be a second part though, but I'm not sure. New update soon.