Shitty Dates And Heartbreaks

I'm alive!

I hope you guys are doing fine and are taking great care of yourselves! Also, I've been stuck at home for almost a week now and I'm going INSANE! It's the best way to help tho, so I can't complain.

Anyways, enjoy!

P. S. They're mortals. Jasper.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *

"JASOOOONNN!!!" I quickly turned in the direction of the person that had called me.

It was Piper. She was running full speed towards me with a huge grin across her face. My heart stared beating faster immediately.

"Shit Pipes, you scared the Hades outta me!" I chuckled once my best friend got to were I was standing.

She had a noticeable blush in her face and was clearly excited, because she wouldn't stop bouncing on her feet.

"What happened?" I asked, smiling.

"Guess who just asked me out on a date?!" She squealed and started jumping up and down.

Some students passed by us giving us weird stares. I ignored them.

"No way! Andrew?!" I asked with fake excitement. Piper's grin just grew larger.

"YES!!!!!" She threw her arms up in the air and did a mini victory dance. I put on my best smile for her, even though it hurt like hell.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I was in love with her. In love with my best friend.

How cliché.

But it was the truth. I had really REALLY fallen in love with her.

It began as a weird warmth in my chest every time she looked at me, every time she smiled.

That soon lead to sleep less nights where it would be almost impossible to not think about her. About the way her eyes seamed to sparkle whenever she talked about something she was passionate for.

About the way she would smile over such little but fascinating things.

I couldn't stop thinking about HER.

So, last year, when she told me that she found this guy, Andrew, attractive and that she would try to have something serious with him, I experienced my first heart break ever.

And Holy Hera did it hurt.

"That's great Pipes! You've got to tell me everything!"

She hugged me tight, making my heart skip a beat.

"I was hanging out with the girls at the cafeteria when suddenly, Juniper's eyes went super wide and both Annabeth and I turned to see what was going on and BOOM! He was right there, in front of me and Jason, I SWEAR my jaw almost touched the floor! He's sooooo handsome!"

Ouch.

"Keep going, I have to know everything." I answered, ignoring the slight sting at the corner of my eyes.

"Well, he told me that he found me pretty and that he was wondering if I wanted to go on a date with him."

"You're really beautiful, Piper." Shit! Did I say it out loud?! Dammit!

She looked at me in the eyes fondly.

"Awwww, I love you so much, Jason. You're the best friend ever!"

Dear Hades, take me now please, this is TOO MUCH TORTURE!

"So when's this date?" I asked drinking water from my bottle trying to ease the knott that had formed in my throat.