I'm The One I Should Love.

This is a special chapter, please read what I wrote at the end.

Hope you like it, I've missed you.

-Niffler.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.

Hazel always thought that something was wrong with her. At least, it seemed like that.

Every time a guy she liked rejected her, she would ask herself:

"Am I not pretty enough?"

"Should I change the way I am? Maybe boys are not really interested in quiet and shy girls".

"Should I exercise more? I think I'm gaining a little weight".

She did that.

She tried her best to be a completely different person. She would go on stupid diets and would exercise every day just to look "prettier".

She couldn't understand why the guys she liked would rather date girls who would wore super expensive clothes and only cared for themselves.

She started thinking that maybe she didn't deserve to be loved.

That maybe there wasn't someone for her.

She kept going on diets because she genuinely thought she was fat and just wanted to be like all those beautiful girls she saw on social media.

Hazel started wishing her skin color was different.

That her thighs were smaller.

That her hair was different

That she was taller.

Without knowing, she had created a voice in her head that told her that no one would ever love her and that she deserved that: to be alone forever.

And she would believe it.

Her friends would constantly tell her how beautiful and wonderful she was but, it all seemed like a lie.

How could she be beautiful if no one loved her? If no one gave her a chance?

She was not beautiful or special.

She was still fat.

She would never be as pretty as Annabeth or Piper.

Hazel was trapped in a prison built by herself, inside her mind, and as much as she tried, she couldn't find a way out.

Days turned into weeks, and week turned into months and the girl would just go deeper and deeper into the darkest places of her mind.

Until it all stopped.

She was walking down the street on her way home, when she heard it. A song.

What caught her attention wasn't that it was in a different language, no. What caught her attention was a simple phrase in English that changed her world completely:

"I'm the one I should love in this world."

She stopped and listened. It seemed as if the singer was pouring all his feelings into the song and, even though she couldn't understand what was he saying, the phrase kept repeating itself on and on inside her head.

And then, another phrase appeared:

"So I love me."

It didn't take long for tears to form at the corner of her eyes.

The man's singing was just so passionate and beautiful and it felt as if he was talking to her.

She went home that night with a pleasant feeling on her chest and a heart full of hope.

.

.

.

.

It had been a year since Hazel first heard that song, and she was doing a lot better now.

She stopped telling herself that she was not beautiful because she knew it wasn't true.

She was beautiful. She was worth it. She deserved to be loved. She deserved all the good things that had happened to her and all the good things that were yet to come.

Of course there were times when it was hard to ignore the little voice inside her head, telling her all the horrible things she had believed in the past, but she would shut it down by playing the songs that thought her to love herself.

She loved Hazel.

She loved the person she had become and she loved the fact that she could inspire other people to do it too.

Because no matter what you look like, or what do you like, or where do you come from, you are special and unique in your own way.

You have to love yourself in order to love someone else, and she was proven that when she met Frank.

Hazel is in an amazing relationship right now, with a person that loves himself so much that that love is reflected in Hazel and vice-versa.

She is thankful for the music that pulled her out from the dark abyss she had fallen into and helps people who are in the same situation  she was once in.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *

This chapter is really special for me because I am very insecure about myself sometimes.

I've had many saviors through all my life, whether their were books or friends, but I think the one that has helped me the most is music.

Listening to music is my way of escaping that little voice inside my head.

And I just wanted to remind you that you are not in this world to please anyone.

You are fucking perfect the way you are and I hope that you know that.

Love, Niffler.