6

Billy gripped the edge of the counter, his mind swarming with thoughts and emotions that just didn't add up. He felt the blood pounding through the veins, swimming into areas to freeze them over with the guilt that swam right next to them. Lisa was gone, MIA, no trace of her left. Wanda Maximoff was most likely suspicious of the two boys she had seen. Tommy was trying to find Lisa, but there was no telling if someone had kidnapped her and was after them all now. Billy had discovered he had unidentifiable powers, right after he had committed a crime that was sure to keep him in prison for his entire life. And the icing on that cake of shit was that Billy's caretaker would absolutely, undoubtedly kill him once he got back to the orphanage.

"Hey, buddy, you need to calm down. Panicking won't help us now." Word reached through Billy's scared state, taking his cold hands into their own warm ones. Billy blinked a few times before the blob of colors before his eyes shifted into the worried expression of Teddy, the teenager that Billy was crushing hard on. "It will all be okay."

"Yeah... y-yeah, y-you're right. I need to stay calm," Billy said, looking away from Teddy as to hide his blush. When Teddy let go off his hands, Billy found that they were shaking terribly. It was noticeable, not something he could easily from anyone that simply glanced at him. In Billy's frustration, a blue mist covered his hands, the lights in the kitchen Billy and Teddy were hiding out in flickering with Billy's emotions.

"Hey! Look at me. Now. Everything will be fine. What we're doing now is something good. We saved Tommy and Lisa. And now... and now, we're going to save Lisa again. You're a  good person, Billy, I know you are," Teddy said, grabbed Billy's hands again, shielding the mist from Billy's skeptic eyes. Teddy squeezed the hands tight to force Kaplan to look him in the eyes, helping Billy keep calm as he tried to match Teddy's breathing pattern.

"Thanks, I feel better," Billy nodded, looking around to see if the lights were still flickering. Not in that room, anyways, Billy noted, trying not to think about if he affected the whole tower. Would anyone notice? Maybe they would assume it was a temporary lapse in energy?

Unfortunately, Billy had affected the whole tower. It was only the lights, meaning that Peter and Pepper weren't very worried, but Wanda was almost ecstatic about that. FRIDAY was almost done decoding the gene variations in William Kaplan and Thomas Shepard. Wanda tried to make up some logical reason as to how it was possible that these two boys could be hers. Presumably, they came to life maybe 15-20 years ago, depending on if they dusted or not. That made them ten or less years younger than Wanda, improbable that they could actually be hers. But Wanda lived in a world where heroes fought aliens and sentient technology, this didn't seem like something that was too unrealistic, however the possibility may have been unlikely.

Wanda walked away from the scanner, going to check on Vision, maybe inform him about their possible children. Honestly, it made even less sense for Vision to be the father because Vision was younger than Wanda, most likely the two boys were older than he was, if Wanda had to think about it logically. To add to logic, could Vision have children? Could Vision have built a family with Wanda?

Wanda floated across the party floor, gracefully avoiding guests who were a tad bit tipsy. Many cabs were to be called for those guests, Wanda supposed, but her mind wasn't there enough to really consider what would happen to the guests.

When Wanda found Vision, he was in the same spot, happily talking to a young women. This women was actually Cassie Lang, who had grown older when Wanda and Peter had been dusted. Cassie was a spectacular young women who had lived with her mother while Cassie tried to figure out how to be the next hero using Pym Particles, deciding on the super heroine named Stature while Ant-Man was trapped in the Quantum Realm and the Pym and Van Dyne family were also dusted.

"Oh, hey, Wanda," Cassie said, nodding her head with quiet happiness. Unlike her eccentric father and headstrong maternal figure, Cassie was a quiet and willful child who was strong shyly, not letting others know her true power or threat level. Cassie had been working on hand to hand combat, wishing that she was old enough or had the skills to help fight against Thanos more than five years ago, and again when Ant-Man returned, almost five years since that event as well.

"Hello, Cassie. It has been awhile since you've last been here. Can I borrow Vision for a few moments?" Wanda said, giving Vision a look that suggested that he'd better be okay with what was going to happen rather than argue to spend time with a fellow wall flower.

"That's fine. I'll be off finding my dad, probably near the food table," Cassie said, giving a light laugh as she turned on her heel to leave. Wanda took that opportunity to drag Vision across the dance floor, trying to find a little bit of privacy to explain her life shattering theory.

****

"I couldn't find her. I guess we're on our own for now," Tommy said, dragging Billy and Teddy towards the truck they had come in. They sat in the same spot, minus Lisa, and Billy gave Teddy directions to his orphanage. Billy wondered if his theories about Lisa were true. Did she abandon them, or did someone catch her? Was she safe? Was she the threat? Billy hated not knowing. He looked down at his hands to see them glowing with the mist. The mist only dispersed when Teddy stopped the truck.

"Tommy can stay with me for now. I'm sure you have a family worried about you, Teddy, so I suggest you get to them," Billy said, getting out of the truck. Billy walked around the side, stopping at Teddy's window. "Thanks for helping us. For helping me in the kitchen..."

"It was no problem. We're all friends now, right? I'll come see you two tomorrow, we can look up information on Lisa and where Tommy was. I'm sure that behavioral center has something to do with this,"Teddy said with his charming smile, which made Billy grateful for the dark night that was covering his blushing cheeks.

"Hey, love birds, we need to get going," Tommy said something that made Billy blush even deeper and made Teddy laugh quietly. Billy waved goodbye, watching the truck drive away with a goofy look on his face. Tommy pulled him inside, "Let's go, lover boy, you can be gay later."