13

"Tommy, we need to get out of here. I was on my date with Teddy, and this guy just attacked us but with daggers so this wasn't a mugging and-" Billy stopped when he entered his room, staring at his new friend (maybe) packing up Billy's stuff with the Scarlet Witch and Spider-Man sitting on the bed beside him laughing.

"Hey, Billy, can we talk for a second?" Tommy said, dragging his lookalike outside the room, closing the door. Billy had not time to say anything before Tommy launched into his prepared message. "I know this sounds illogical, but so does having powers. Remember how I said you and Ms. Maximoff look alike? You obviously can see the resemblance between us. What if we're her kids? Like, through magic instead of sex."

"That's wrong on so many levels. Anyways, even if we were her kids by magic, the age difference isn't large enough. That would mean she had us when she was around ten, and I highly doubt that could happen," Billy said, forgetting all about his problems and the secret of the dashing Teddy, that he was superhuman.

"That may be. But you can't deny the physical appearance. Genetics wise, they've already tested us with their fancy technology. We are her kids on that level as well. Want to ask about powers? You have her powers," Tommy explained, wondering why his new twin brother was so skeptical.

"That's true, but it still doesn't make sense time wise," Billy said, trying to come up with any explanation other than age that would convince Tommy that they couldn't be the Scarlet Witch's children. Out of all the surreal events that had occurred recently, being the child of a famous superhero was where Billy had to draw the line.

"If genetics and physical traits don't convince, maybe a legal document will. She's adopted us. Since me, her, and Mr. Parker all believe. Whether you accept it or not, the paperwork is going through as we speak," Tommy said proudly. While the prospect of having a family to be held accountable didn't sound good, Tommy was glad to be able to live at the Avengers Tower.

"Adoption takes a few months, maybe years, to process. Why are you packing my bags?" Billy asked, perfectly fine if a superhero wanted to adopt him. It was the biological aspect that held his concerns captive, not the legal system. If Ms. Maximoff wanted to take over his high school tuition and eating bills, that was all the same to him.

"Really? Why does it take so long? I want to get out of your stupid orphanage," Tommy complained, wondering why one of the smartest people in the world didn't stop him. Did he not know or is that what Mr. Parker and Ms. Maximoff was laughing so hard at?

"I don't know. What I do know is that a man tried to kill me and Teddy. I also found out that Teddy has powers, but I'm not quite sure what they are. He turned into a green skinned, winged muscle mass that looked vaguely of a smaller scale Hulk," Billy tried to explain, making it sound as accurate as his imagination would allow.

"Did not expect that. You really know how to pick them, don't ya?" Tommy said, knowing that this was supposed to be Billy's first date with Teddy, maybe first date all together based on how awkward Billy was around people. "Are you two on good terms? Did you figure out your first lover's quarrel?"

"That's not funny-" "It's a little funny." "-but we did talk it out. Teddy said that he'd had his powers for a long time, and mostly used them to impress people. That's why Greg recruited him for breaking you and... you out of prison," Billy said with Tommy interrupting once. Billy didn't want to say Lisa, his mind flashing back to the guy that he had met at the food trucks.

What about the man was similar to Lisa? They didn't look familiar, nor did they act or talk like one another. They were to completely different strangers to Billy, who didn't know anything about either of them. It was just their aura, the feeling they projected around them, a heavy pressure that made Billy feel unbalanced and disoriented. Billy wondered if it was just him, or if Teddy felt it as well?

"I haven't heard from Lisa. I want to file a missing person report, but we're both fugitives more or less. Lisa probably skipped town, possibly the country like some female James Bond," Tommy said with a sheepish smile. "She's probably on top of a train, fighting dudes while drinking Belgium tea."

"Can you even tell me where Belgium is?" Billy asked, tapping against Tommy's forehead to see if a brain was really in there or if it was empty space like Tommy made everyone think it was.

"I could point to its general location on a map, thank you very much," Tommy said with a gasp of indignity. Tommy opened the door, letting Billy back into his room where Wanda and Peter were unpacking the bag that Tommy spent a good few minutes on while they laughed at him.

"You both have access to the Avengers Tower. I expect a visit at least once a week so we can work on your powers, alright? Don't think you're intruding, come whenever," Wanda smiled at the boys with motherly warmth, handing over two passes to the Avengers Tower that had their names on it but not pictures.

"Tommy, we've cleared you of your time at Juvenile Department of Redemption, and enrolled you into Billy's school. Keep your grades up, have fun, and do visit me as well," Peter said, walking up behind Wanda to pat each boy on the back. "And Billy, please keep your brother from doing stupid things." Peter said, nodding backwards at the empty duffle bag.

"Yes sir, have a good night!"