ii

"am i that girl that you dream of?"

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

iana's pov

earlier was weird. i went out at two am to buy food then i saw payton. it was weird, like wtf. but i can't seem to get my mind of something he said.

"they shine for you."

like dude, when we first met you act mean to me. then you tell me things like that? shut up, don't play with my HeArT. but charli made a plan of all of us hanging out later at ten. it's currently eight. i have two hours. wow, and payton's gonna be there. how am i supposed to act around him.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

payton's pov

shit. what the fuck did i say to her earlier? stupid move payton. now she's gonna think you're weird.

i mean i didn't intend to act mean to her when we first met. i'm just like that around new people plus i was having a bad day. but i actually thought she was sweet. and charli made a plan of hanging out and stuff. i guess i'll just ignore her.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

time skip

iana's pov

we are now in chase's huge van. there's a professional driver, wow. i was inbetween of charli and chase as avani said i should sit there 'to avoid pda' but she is sitting beside anthony. yeah, avoid pda hmm.

it's kind of awkward because they kept on looking at each other and i feel like i'm drowning from the obvious atmosphere of love.

we're going to the moormeier's to fetch payton. when payton went in, we made eye contact but i broke it to avoid tension. he sat next to josh and we all were ready to hang out!

we are now currently in the arcade, yey! i'm so excited to beat all of them. my friends used to call me the "queen of arcade games."

when we went out of the van, me and noen were walking together with payton and josh infront of us.

"hey noen, i have to tell you something." i said. "what is it, bub?" he asked. ok stfu don't call me bub or else i'm gonna die.

"earlier at two am, i saw payton and we were just watching stars, don't ask why. then i said something like "the stars are pretty." then he replied "they shine for you." is it normal for him to say weird stuff? it seems like he hated me when we first met and now he's telling me things that nay lead to my death." i said in a soft tone so others can't hear.

noen first chuckled but he replied with "yep. when we first met, he was giving me glares and bad looks, i don't know why. but we had a class together and he was telling jokes and we both were laughing very loud so we got detention. he's pretty chill. he also tells me a lot that he'll date me if i were a girl which is weird, but he's payton sooo."

i laughed which resulted to the others turning our way and they were saying a lot of 'oooooohs' and smirking to us.

"i guess you guys are getting pretty close." addison said with her eyebrows wiggling and with a smirk. we all laughed but payton rolled his eyes? after the teasing died down a bit, i asked noen if he saw that. "did you see that? payton rolled his eyes." i said.

"yeah, that was weird. i saw it too. it almost seemed like he was jealous." he said. "i mean he did tell you he'd date you, right? that was probably why." i said trying to keep a straight face but failing anyways. we both laughed and just didn't mind it.

we were playing some games until payton came along. "can i talk to iana for a bit?" he asked. me? why? what? is this about the two am mystery?

"yeah, sure." noen pushed me and looked at me with a smirk. payton and i went out the arcade and we went to a starbucks shop.

"i just wanna apologize for what i said earlier. i don't want you thinking that i'm a weirdo or i have insane mood swings. i'm just really not open with new people." payton explained.

"no, it's ok! i completely understand. i'm awkward with new people too." i said with a smile. "do you wanna grab a drink or something?" he asked.

i told him my go-to drink and he went to order it. i grabbed my phone and scrolled through instagram. payton then arrived with our drinks. we talked a lot, laughed a lot, he was quite nice actually. he's funny and i live for that.

"you know, i really like you iana." he said. "am i your dream girl?" i asked jokingly.

he turned serious.

i mean dead serious.