°Calypso°

Calypso sighed as she stared out of the dining room window. Her father, King Atlas, has been yelling at her. She just didn't get it. Why did she have to marry some stuck-up jerk? Not to mention, she only recently turned 18. Don't normal people usually marry at around 25?

   Then again, Calypso wasn't normal; in fact, she is the heir to Nightshade Family. Not that she liked her family. Her mother is hardly around, always busy, her father is harsh and rude. The only family member she likes is her sister, Zoë. She's actually nice. Zoë is older than her, being 23. Why couldn't she just be the next queen? Her father said she's too sarcastic, and doesn't act like a royal.

   She heard her fathers footsteps walk away, and she sighed in relief. She pushed a strand of her caramel-colored hair behind her ear, and fluttered her honey-brown eyes.

"What's up?" She turned around to see Zoë sitting on the dining table.

Calypso's POV

"The sky." I cross my arms, smirking. She rolls her eyes.

"You're getting sarcasm from me." She laughs.

"I guess so." I smile.

"Well, anyways, just came to tell you that mom is gonna be here for dinner tonight." She says.

"Oh. That's.. Fine." I frown slightly.

"Not the biggest fan of mom, eh?" She raises an eyebrowm.

"Erm.. Its not that.. I just, I guess I'm not used to it. Shes never here, ya' know?" I fiddle with my fingers and look away.

"I know what you mean.. So, take a seat." She pats the seat in front of her. I take a seat.

She frowns, looking at me. "Don't be so tense. You don't have to act like a princess around me."

"Ah.. Sorry." I loosen up a bit, and she smiles.

"By the way, I like your dress." She looks at my white greek styled dress.

"Yeah. I like it as well. Its one of the only dresses of mine that I like. All my other ones are long and poofy. This one isnt too long, and is a plain simple one." I smile, looking over myself.

"Now, hows it going with Octavian?" She asks.

I frown and arch my eyebrows. Hes the guy im supposed to marry. "I hate him. He may be good looking, but it doesn't match his personality." I cross my arms, scowling.

She sighs. "I suppose. Ive never really talked to him, so I wouldn't know--"

"Sweetie!!!" A loud annoying voice rings throughout our large dining room. I narrow my eyes as I know the voice too well.

The blonde comes scrambling up to me.

"Hey darling! Let's go on a date." He puts an arm around my shoulder and smirks, showing his clean white teeth.

"We went on a date yesterday." I say calmly.

"So? Lets go on another one!" He narrows his eyes, getting a little angry.

"I'm sorry, I'm busy." I clench my fists under the table.

"Busy with what?!" He growls.

"I have plans with Zoë--"

"Are you saying that ugly rat is more important than me?! How dare you! I'm far more important than that thing!" He points to Zoë in disgust.

We both gasp in suprise and anger. I quickly stand up.

"Excuse me?! You dare speak about my sister like that?! She's much better than you!" I yell.

"She's not even your real sister!" He shouts back.

"YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL LOVE!" I scream, slapping him. He staggers back, looking at me in anger and suprise.

He holds his red cheek, gaping at me.

"Leave." I say quietly.

"What?! You cannot--"

"LEAVE!" I scream. He quickly scrambles out.

I pant in anger, and plop down on my seat. Zoë is staring at me.

"A-are you alright?" She asks, concerned.

"A-ah.. Yes, I suppose in fine." I quickly fix my dress and fix my hair.

"That was.." She starts. I frown, knowing she'll call me crazy or something.

"AWESOME!" She yells, standing up.

I look at her in suprise. "W-what?"

"That was so cool! Im so proud you stood up for me and yourself." She hugs me. "You've grown up so fast." She ruffles my hair.

"H-hey! You'll mess my hair up!" I quietly say, patting my hair as my cheeks glow red.

Suddenly, my father marches in.

"Go collect crops from the peasants outside." He stomps away.

"Peasants?" I looked at Zoë. I never knew we had peasants?

"Yep. Most of them are orphans, and or homeless. Father uses this as an advantage and forces them to work for him. They rarely get breaks; only to eat or use the restroom." She frowns, looking out the window. I frown as well.

"That's terrible."

"I know."

"I guess I should go collect the items from them. How many are there?" I ask,  slipping my boots on.

"About 8. Only a few are nice though." She tells me.

"Alright. Ill be back."

I grab baskets and head outside.