Chapter Nine: Media

Author's Note: This is for @Keshia_Rashay. Thank you for the inspiration for this chapter. Enjoy! :)

She stared down at her social media app on her phone in absolute horror. The top headline was a very distinctive photograph of her wrapped in Larry's arms while Laurent was kissing her senseless. The caption underneath the image - of course blasted in big bold letters - was "Local Artist sleeping with Les Twins?"

Oh dear God, no.

The door to Larry's apartment practically slammed open.

"Belle?" He sounded out of breath and he nearly skidded across the floor as he slid into the living room where she sat on the couch with a cup of iced coffee half way to her lips. It hung suspended there for a moment before her grip loosened enough where it fell from her trembling fingers. Larry was quick enough and caught it before it splattered on the floor. "I take it you read Instagram?"

Her gaze shifted towards him, the horror of the situation evident on her face. She should have known that the media would have run with it. They always do. Something like this was always bound to happen when you were caught in the lime-light of fame, but one never really understands how dire it could be until you're caught up in the media shit storm.

"We've already made arrangements for a press conference to nip the situation in the bud." He informed her, taking a seat beside her as he set her drink down on the coffee table.

"I'm not exactly horrified at that, Lar. Apparently you haven't read your ex's most recent comment that she posted roughly five minutes ago."

"What?"

Amanda handed him her phone, high-lighting the Instagram post where Melissa was quote making her own statement.

I always knew she was sleeping with them both. I caught her in bed with Larry a few months ago and that's why he and I split. Lol! Hoes will be hoes. How are my sloppy seconds, bitch?

Both Larry and Laurent were tagged in the post. She watched him as his jaw tightened. She nodded a couple of times before silently standing from the sofa. She said nothing as she left the living room and made her way upstairs to the room she was sharing with Lar.

"Cherie?" He jumped up from his seat, knowing fully well that she was changing into something comfortable so she could go beat whole sale ass. He ran up the stairs just as she was violently tugging on a pair of yoga pants and a hoodie. "Bebe, please don't do anything rash."

"Anything rash?" Though her voice was quiet, he could hear the tremble of anger beneath it. "Anything rash? Not only does this bitch think she can run her mouth on social media, but she doesn't think that I'm not going to find her and mop the floor with her ass? She's delusional, Larry! She's the one who slept with the two of you, not me."

"Belle, don't you think that I know that? I know you've never slept with my brother. You're absolutely nothing like her. You're better than her by a long shot. Beating her ass is going to give her the attention she is seeking. She can't get to you by any other means beside social media." He stepped closer to her, placing both of his hands on her hips and spinning her around before she pulled her braids back into a pony tail. "Amanda, I love you. I don't care what the media or Melissa has to say. The only people who matter know the truth."

She sighed softly, closing her eyes as she laid her forehead against his chin. "I know you're right, Lar and quite frankly it's not my reputation I'm pissed at that she's trying to tarnish. It's yours I'm worried about."

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course. You know I do."

"Then let me handle this." He pressed his lips against her forehead tenderly.

"What do you think you're brother's going to do?"

He sighed softly. "Honestly, belle, I don't know. Humiliation by the media may make him see reason or he may use it to his advantage. I really don't know how he is going to react to this, but I do know a way to settle things."

Amanda tilted her head faintly to the right, her eyes searching his. "What are you planning, Larry Bourgeois?"

He grinned, flashing those adorable teeth she had come to love. "Don't worry, bebe. I promise it will work in our favor."

~~~~~~

He was at the studio where they were supposed to be giving a workshop, but his brother was no where to be seen. Fashionably late as always, Larry. He thought, thumb scrolling over his phone. His browsing was interrupted when his Twin called.

"Lar, where are you?!" He nearly shouted. "You're nearly twenty minutes la-" He was interrupted almost immediately.

"Lau! Shut up for one second, mon frere. Have you checked your Instagram recently?"

His brow frowned slightly. "Not in the past hour, why?"

"Look, the media posted that picture from the other night of the unveiling of Amanda's mural and it's caused quite the storm."

"Hold on for a second." Laurent placed his brother on speaker phone before rapidly swiping through his phone to find the app. As soon as he brought it up, it blazed to life in nearly horrific technicolor glory. "Oh shit."

"Oui, oh shit. Melissa is adding fuel to the fire. Keep reading."

His eyes scanned through the comments and his mouth dropped open in shock. "Fuck." He shut the speaker phone off before bringing it back to his ear. "Amanda hasn't hunted her down yet?

"Non, Lau. I told her to let me handle it. We need to have a press conference as soon as possible to address the situation and relay the truth. The truth, Laurent."

He sighed softly, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Look, I know I've been an asshole, Lar, but I truly do love her as much as you do."

"Then prove it and do the right thing. The truth, Lau. We need to arrange that press conference as soon as possible."

"I'll take care of it. We'll use all social media outlets. Instagram, Facebook, all of it."

"I'm trusting you, Lau, and so is she. Don't let us down. I'll be there in ten minutes."

There were no other words as Larry hung up. He stared at his phone for a minute, contemplating on just what his brother was planning. He knew his Twin was up to something. He could feel it. There was one thing he was right about, though, it was time to admit the truth to himself, to Larry, to Amanda, hell to the entire world. Might as well jump head first into the fire while it was blazing. He just hoped he wouldn't lose anyone he cared about for this.