Chapter Nineteen: Vows

The instant her eyes focused on the view out the window, she practically pressed herself against the large glass of their hotel room

The instant her eyes focused on the view out the window, she practically pressed herself against the large glass of their hotel room. They were wide in awe as she took in the breath-taking view. To Larry, she looked like a kid that had just been let loose in a candy store. He chuckled softly to himself, stepping up behind her to wrap his arms around her.

"Welcome to Guadeloupe, belle. This is where my people come from." He stated proudly, leaning over her shoulder to glance out the window with her.

"It is absolutely stunning, Larry." Even her voice held awe as it whispered breathy back at him.

He pressed a kiss against her temple, swaying with her gently back and forth as if he heard some kind of music in his head. Almost the instant they had set foot in the hotel, she had gone directly to the window, staring out it wordlessly. He watched as all the stress she had held back in the States simply vanished. The tension in her shoulders seemed to ease. She was practically glowing now, a radiant light showing in her skin. She looked at ease, almost as if she was at home here. Perhaps he should buy a place for them here. With that thought in mind, he spun her around to face him, twirling her in a graceful dance move.

"You are stunning, bebe." His eyes stared down into hers, practically mirroring the love and affection she had shown him just hours before when he had taken her home from the hospital. "I don't want you to worry about anything while we're here. I want you to relax and enjoy yourself. I think we both needed this, especially with everything that is going on back home. We needed a recharge and this was the one place I wanted to share with you."

Amanda smiled, reaching up with both of her hands to frame him face. Her thumbs brushed over either side of his strong jaw. He was beautiful, sexy. Why in Gods name was he with her of all people? He could undoubtedly have any model or actress he wanted, but he had chosen her. Plain Jane. A woman of average looks and curves. She had never once questioned it. She had been accepting of his feelings for her and knew that he had fallen for her because of who she was and not something as vain as her looks.

"Are you ready, cherie?" He inquired, placing his forehead against hers. "I have spoken with the hotel and they've made the necessary arrangements. In a few hours, we will finally be married."

She chuckled softly. "You speak as if we've been waiting for years."

"Sometimes, it feels like it. I told you that I wasn't going to let you slip through my fingers, belle and I meant it. You're the best thing that happened in my life, in Lilo's life. She has taken such a liking to you. She told me how much she has enjoyed your girl night sleep overs."

"I owe her one when we get back."

"She'd love that."

Staring into his eyes, Amanda knew this was the right thing. "I have never been more sure or ready of anything in my entire life, Larry. Let's do this."