Chapter Ten: Press Conference

She sat at the back of the meeting room, chewing nervously on her thumb nail. Her left leg bounced with anxiety. She wasn't entirely sure why this made her nervous, but it did. It was a press conference, nothing more. But it was also in front of thousands of people, if not millions and she had absolutely no idea what either Larry or Laurent were going to do or say to diffuse the situation. To say she felt like throwing up was the understatement of the year. Amanda tugged at the frayed ends in her faded, ripped jeans that showcased the tattoo she had on her left thigh. A chain sat at her right hip and it was evident two skulls hung suspended from it as they jangled slightly with her movements.

"Relax, belle." Larry placed a hand on the knee of the leg that kept bouncing. Almost instantly, as if his touch alone calmed her, she stopped. He pressed a kiss against her temple before taking a seat in the empty chair beside her. "I know you're not used to this kind of attention, but I promise everything will be fine."

She sighed softly, leaning more into him. He reached up with his free hand and slid it along her cheekbone to tangle into her hair as he pulled her down towards him. Without saying a word, his lips claimed hers. It was as if that contact enabled her to breathe again. It was like he drained away her anxiety.

"Better?" He asked softly, though his mouth still brushed against hers as he spoke.

"Mmm. I might need another one just to be sure." She replied, a slightly devious grin tugging at a single corner of her lips.

He chuckled softly, his thumb brushing across the curve of her lower lip. "Later, cherie. I'll give you all you can handle."

Amanda nearly fanned herself with the rise in temperature. How was it that she couldn't get enough of this man? She was insatiable when it came to him and he damn well knew it. She swore he used it to his advantage.

"Just one?" She teased, nudging the tip of his nose with hers. "Please, Lar?"

She swore for a moment she heard him growl just before his mouth claimed hers. She had to admit, she liked this assertive side of him. She felt him tug her lower lip down slightly with his thumb a split second before his tongue slid possessively against her own. She groaned softly before he abruptly pulled back.

"If we continue that, bebe, there will be no press conference. We will find the next empty room and lock the door."

A deliciously wicked smirk passed across her face. "Don't threaten me with a good time, Larry."

He didn't have the chance for a witty remark. Laurent slid fluidly into the room, followed by a few other people. All of them sporting the media badges. His fingers lingered in hers briefly before he stepped away completely.

Amanda watched as the Twins made small talk with the reporters before calling for the conference to begin. Her eyes darted between everyone, her anxiety beginning to rise as question after question came and went. It seemed no one was ready to address the elephant in the room just yet. They discussed a few of their workshops, the fragrance promotion for Diesel as well as some of their music, but it was the woman on the far right that finally asked.

"The other night at a mural unveiling, a photograph was captured by attending media. Who's the woman in the photo?"

She chewed at her lower lip, brown eyes locked on the red-head who had dropped the bomb.

"My girlfriend, Amanda. She was the artist who painted the mural." Larry stated without hesitation.

"There's rumors going around that she is the reason for your split with Melissa. Is that true?"