Chapter Thirteen: Home

Amanda normally didn't dance. At least in public. She didn't feel confident enough with the way her body moved. She did, however, dance when no one was watching. She had never even allowed Larry to see her though she did admit that when she was alone she rather enjoyed dancing. It was a stress relief for her, a way to kick start her Muse when it was being stubborn. The song Body Language by Queen vibrated through the speakers, nearly rattling the windows in the living room. She had shoved a few of the lighter furniture items aside to make room for her make-shift dance studio. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, allowing the melody and rhythm to take over her.

(Amanda's dance.)

She had been so wrapped up with what she was doing that she hadn't heard them come in. Nor had she opened her eyes until the music itself had stopped. When she finally did open them, embarrassment painted her face in crimson as she saw both Larry and Laurent standing in the doorway, frozen in utter shock. Their luggage still held in their grasps and their mouths hanging open to the floor. She stood up slowly, unsure of how they would react, unsure of how she would react. She cleared her throat faintly, chewing on her lower lip.

"Belle, what was that?" Surprisingly it was Laurent who broke the silence first.

"That was...um...my Muse wasn't kicking, so to relax, I um...danced."

"That wasn't a dance, bebe. That was a seduction."

She didn't think it was possible but her face blazed even redder. She lifted her hands to cover her face, but was stopped by Lau's next words.

"I'm serious, Amanda. That was amazing. I had no idea you could dance like that."

"I don't dance. Not in front of anyone anyway."

"You should, cherie."

She laughed, but it was more in sarcasm than amusement. "Hardly, Laurent. I don't have the confidence for it." Her gaze shifted towards Larry who still stood there in shock, almost frozen solid. "Lar?"

He blinked rapidly, clearing his throat faintly before allowing his bag to drop to the floor as he moved into the room. "That was wonderful, belle. Mon frere is right, you should attend a workshop with us, perhaps show some of the women dancers that routine." He took her face in his large hands and kissed her soundly on the mouth. "You will have to dance like that for me later, bebe."

"I don't know if I'd be able to." Amanda admitted. "I get stage fright when people are watching."

"Even if you closed your eyes and pretended like I wasn't there?"

She tilted her head faintly to one side and as she did, her eyes caught Laurent watching her with a new light in them. It was almost like he was replaying her dance in his head over and over again. Was he imagining her dancing for him like that? Knowing him, it was certainly possible. Her gaze shifted back towards Larry and she smiled faintly.

 Her gaze shifted back towards Larry and she smiled faintly