What happened?

"Edmund!" Peter shouted as, for the second time in fifteen minutes, he dove to catch his brother.
He slowly and carefully lowered him to the ground, before sitting back slightly to get a better look at what was going on.
He frowned after a moment, blood was soaking Edmund's tunic at an alarming speed. Pulling himself together quickly he began removing his brothers tunic, but his hands were shaking so this was easier said than done.
He managed it eventually and what he saw made his eyes go wide and his heart skip a beat. There was blood pouring down Edmund's stomach onto the floor... from a wound.
Peter frowned. What an earth? Where had the wound come from?
Peter swallowed hard as Edmund's gasping reached his ears, he was struggling to breath.
Peter couldn't keep back the terrified sob as he placed his hands to the bleeding wound, pressing down as hard as he could to stop the bleeding.
Edmund's eyes snapped open in agony for just a second before he squeezed them shut again, his still blood covered hand reaching for the wound.
"Ed." Peter said quickly, shaking like a leaf. "If you can hear me, I need to keep my hands there, otherwise you're - you're gonna bleed out." He took a deep breath, Edmund needed Lucy's cordial. But he couldn't just leave him!
Peter squeezed his eyes shut as he listened to his brothers gasping, and at the feeling of blood between his fingers.
After a moment or two he pulled himself together and took a deep breath. "Help!" He screamed as loud as he could. "Somone please help!!"
Peter didn't even notice the tears rolling down his cheeks as he pushed down harder on his brothers stomach, getting a choked gasp from his brother before he went back to gasping for air.
"Please help!" Peter screamed for the tenth time. "Somebody! Anybody!"
Peter sighed after he'd spent a whole two minutes shouting, but nobody was coming.
"Hang in there Ed." Peter choked, glancing down at his brother, who was getting paler by the minute, his gasps getting more desperate with every passing second.
"Help!" Peter screamed, his throat starting to hurt now. "Susan! Lucy!" He hesitated. "Caspian! Please somebody help!"
He was about to give up all hope when Caspian dashed into the room, looking extremely worried.
"Caspian!" Peter shouted quickly to get his attention.
Caspian looked over and his eyes went wide when he did. "What-" He never got to finish his sentence because Peter hastily cut him off.
"Go and get Lucy." He said quickly, cringing at the blood that had completely covered his hands. "Tell her to bring her cordial! And hurry!"
Caspian didn't hesitate as he ran from the room.
Peter couldn't help but feel slightly relieved that help was coming. But the How wasn't exactly a small place, and Peter could only hope that Caspian would find Lucy's before it was too late.
"Hang in there Ed." He repeated. "Lucy's coming."
The only response he got was more terrified gasps from Edmund and a small shake of his head.
Peter's heart sped up considerably. "Ed you need to hold on." He said, panicking. "You're gonna be alright. Lucy's coming with her cordial, you're gonna be fine."
Edmund continued gasping, gripping Peter's bloody hand with as much strength as he could manage.
Peter pushed down harder, but it was no use, the blood slipped past his fingers, staining the floor below.
He didn't know what to do to help, all he could do was wait, and he'd never been very good at that.
"Ed." Peter choked. "What happened? How-" He stopped dead, his heart stopping with him. The wound... he'd seen it before.
Slowly removing his hand he looked for Edmund's scar, but couldn't see it anywhere.
"That's because it's exactly where the wound is." Peter whispered, his eyes going wide.
The wound - it was exactly the same to the one he'd received at Beruna all those years ago when the witch had stabbed him with what was left of her wand.
"By Aslan Ed." He whispered. "What is going on?"
"Edmund!"
Peter swung around at the almost shriek that came from behind him, placing his hands back against the still bleeding wound on Edmund's stomach.
Lucy dashed over to them, Susan and Caspian following.
"What in Aslan's name happened!" Susan said, sounding worried as they all dropped to their knees around Edmund.
Peter shook his head and didn't answer. "Lu quickly." He said.
Lucy's hands shook as she opened her cordial, leaning forward and letting one drop fall into her older brothers mouth.
Edmund's gasping stooped, his mouth closed and his breathing became none existent.
Peter slowly removed his hands, staring at his brother. "Come on." He whispered.
He could've shouted for joy when Edmund let out a cough, followed by another one as his eyes flickered open.
"Oh Ed." Peter whispered and pulled Edmund into his arms, holding on to him as tightly as he dared.
Edmund took a deep breath as he buried his face against Peter's neck, looking extremely shaken over what had just happened.
"Peter?"
The two brothers pulled away at Susan's voice, both of them turning to face her.
"What happened?" Susan almost whispered.
Peter swallowed hard as he shook his head, still gripping Edmund's arm. "I don't know."
"You don't know?" Lucy questioned.
Peter shook his head. "No." He mumbled. "But - But I did figure something out." He added quietly.
"What?" Edmund choked, still looking rather scared and extremely pale.
Peter hesitated before taking a deep breath. "The wound." He mumbled. "It was exactly the same as the one you got at Beruna."
Everyone fell silent, Edmund's eyes going wide.
"It - It felt the same." He whispered after maybe a minute of silence. "Peter, it felt exactly the same."
Peter took a deep breath, now starting to tremble, but not nearly as much as Edmund.
After what felt like forever Peter frowned, looking deep in thought.
"What?" Caspian asked, being the first to spot the look on his face.
Peter seemed to think for a little bit longer before he stood up.
They watched as he grabbed the witches wand from the floor before stabbing it into the ground.
Edmund's eyes went wide. "Peter no!"

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
😭😭😭🤧😭🤧😭🤧🤧😭🤧😭😭😭😭