Before it's too late

Edmund gasped sharply as he was pushed to the floor once he and the witch reached camp.
The witch stared at him for a moment, thinking. She then nodded to herself and grabbed Edmund, sitting him up and pushing him against a tree, tying him so tightly to it that Edmund let out a rather loud whimper.
"I'm going to find one of my followers to send to the How." The witch laughed as she gagged him. "But don't worry, I'll be back in a minute."
Edmund's eyes filled with tears as she walked away, the pain he was in getting too much to bare. He couldn't do this anymore... he just wanted Peter.
Sighing to himself he rested his head back against the tree trunk. He knew at that minute Peter was looking for him, but the question was, would he find him before it was too late?
He sat and waited for the witch to return, shifting against the ropes every now and then, until he saw her making her way over.
But his heart skipped a beat when he saw that she had a whip in one hand and her wand in the other.
The witch smirked at the look on his face as she knelt in front of him, placing the tip of her wand to the rather visible scar on his stomach.
Edmund's breathing got considerably heavier as he flinched, trying to back away but of course finding it impossible.
The witch laughed slightly at him, pushing lightly on the wand, but even that caused Edmund to start panicking. " 'lease." He managed to choke, despite being gagged.
The witch let out a laugh and pushed a little harder, but not hard enough to break the skin. "Perhaps I could just kill you now?" She whispered evily as Edmund squeezed his eyes shut. "It would save alot of trouble I suppose."
Edmund slowly shook his head, his heart pounding as his eyes opened again. He stared at the witch, a pleading look in his eyes as he tried to stay as calm as he could.
The witch laughed slightly, before removing the wand and throwing it to the floor.
Edmund let out a sigh of relief as he collapsed against the tree, still staring at the witch to see what she'd do next.
"No." The witch said with a smile. "I will kill you on the stone table, that's where every other traitor has been killed."
Edmund swallowed hard, but his eyes went wide when the witch held up the whip. "But before you die." She said as she began uniting him. "I'd like to make you scream one more time."
She pulled Edmund roughly away from the tree before tying his hands in front of him with the rope, laying him down on the floor on his stomach and ripping the gag from his mouth.
"Now Unfortunately I don't have long." The witch said as she circled him. "But I suppose I'll just have to make do with whatever time I do have."
Edmund glanced up at her, the tears already making their way down his cheeks. "Please." He choked. "Don't."
"Don't waste your breath." The witch spat as she raised the whip.
Edmund slammed his eyes shut, taking a deep breath as he braced himself. No longer than five seconds later did he hear the deafening crack, followed by the agonising pain down his back. He let out a scream on the first lash, already in so much pain. The scream was followed by a sob as the witch raised the whip again.
The second it hit his back he gasped sharply, his eyes going wide. "Peter!" He screamed.
The witch laughed. "He's not coming." She said. "He's gone."
Edmund let out another sob as he saw Jadis raise the whip again. She was wrong. Peter would come, and he would stop Jadis from killing him... he was sure of it.

☆☆☆

"Peter, we've been searching for ages!" Lucy sighed, sitting down against a tree. "Where is he?"
Peter swallowed hard. "I really don't know Lu." He choked.
"Why don't we just check the camp?" Susan suggested. "You never know?"
Peter thought for a moment. "Yeah, I think that would be best." He breathed.
Susan nodded and pulled Lucy back to her feet. "Come on then." She mumbled.
Peter took a deep breath as he followed after his sisters and Caspian, his heart pounding.
If he didn't find Edmund, then he didn't know what he'd do.

☆☆☆

Edmund groaned as his eyes flickered open, wondering at first where he was.
But then it all come back to him... including the pain in his back.
He let out a quiet sob, remembering that the witch had whipped him until he fell unconscious, despite her saying that she didn't have much time.
All he wanted now was to curl up in Peter's arms and for him to tell him that everything was gonna be fine.
He didn't even notice Jadis walking up to him, but he did notice when she kicked him hard in the side.
He gasped sharply, instinctively rolling onto his other side and curling himself into a ball.
"We're leaving." The witch spat. "The whole of the Narnian army is out looking for you, which leaves the stone table unguarded."
Edmund swallowed hard as he saw four telmarine soldiers walk up and stand behind the witch, all looking rather wary.
The witch tutted and grabbed Edmund's arm, yanking him to his feet.
Edmund couldn't keep back the cry of pain that escaped him, and gasped slightly as he tried to stay standing.
The witch tightened the ropes around his wrists and gagged him again.
"You four are coming with me to keep guard." She said, turning to the soldiers who all immediately nodded their heads.
The witch turned back to Edmund and smirked. "Let's go." She spat before dragging Edmund through the woods.
Edmund's heart pounded as he was shoved along, hoping beyond hope that his siblings would find him, before it was too late.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧😭😭😭🥺🥺🥺🥺
I

probably would've cut out that first scene (😭🤧💔) But it's in 'Dreams' so I figured I couldn't really leave it out... lol.
Also yes, I posted twice in one day 😂🤣 you're welcome.. lol, jk... 😂❤