Chapter 11: First Date

[So Young]

This was a date, right? We weren't going out, but this could still be considered as a date, right? At times like this I really wished I had a friend I could rely on. What was I supposed to wear?

Believe it or not I was so desperate that I went to search up pictures and videos about what girls usually wore at dates. Skirts, mostly. I didn't have any skirts whatsoever. Huge fail.

I decided to go shopping. I had some money on me thanks to Dad, so I made great use of it. The girl working at the store was adorably unforgettable. As soon as I told her I was shopping to go on a 'possible date', she went crazy and started shoving me with clothes. Eventually I decided to go with a red knee-length dress. I would wear my coat on top of it and some leggings to help against the cold. As for shoes, I could use the boots that I had at home.

I spent that entire day worrying about how tomorrow was going to go. Was I really about to spend a day with a guy who tried to rape me at some point? Was I secretly going insane?

"Well, aren't you dressed nicely." Dad was standing at my door smiling at me. "You're heading out?"

I nodded. "With a friend," I told him.

"You got a friend? When? How!?" Dad placed his hand on his heart and feigned shock.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Thanks for the confidence boost, Dad." But I couldn't help but smile at him.

"I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. Just give me a call if you need anything," he said.

"You have a work meeting to go to soon, don't you?"

"Yes, but it shouldn't take long."

"Okay," I said, staring at myself in the mirror for a long time before turning to him, "Do I look okay?"

"You look gorgeous, sweetheart," he said.

I went over and gave him a hug. "I love you, Dad."

"I love you more," he replied, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

And with that, I went over to the bus stop. I was worried about not having done anything new to my hair. Usually my hair was always either in a bun or just hanging open, and today was no different. Today my ginger hair hung open. I added two shiny hairclips in my hair as well, but that was pretty much it.

About an hour later I arrived at our destination. I didn't have to wait for Junsu; he stood there in his dark blue winter coat with his hands hidden in his pockets. He was staring at the ground. Honestly his handsomeness was attracting a lot of attention and he probably wasn't even noticing it. Girls were gawking at him left and right.

I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm myself and approached him. But when he looked up at me I almost fainted. Gosh, he was perfect...

"Yo," I said, smiling.

"Hey," he replied. He didn't smile back.

"So... where to?"

"You... look nice."

His compliment caught me off-guard. I felt a blush creep up my face.

"Oh! T-thanks," I replied, fiddling with my hands now.

He motioned with his head towards the building. "Let's go. You hungry?"

"Not yet," I told him, "Maybe later."

He nodded. I followed him inside. We walked in silence. I glanced at him curiously. Was he just as nervous as I was?

"Did your dad ask you where you were going?" he asked without looking at me.