Chapter 12: Tick, tock

[So Young]

This guy... For the first time ever Junsu opened up to me. And I cherished that more than anything in the world. But... the things he said... Was it that he didn't care about the things he's done? Or was it just too late to bother caring anymore?

It was hard to think. He was so, so close to me. It was just so hard... He said that he wouldn't hurt me anymore. He said that he wouldn't... Could I trust him?

Could I love him?

No, I couldn't. I had already come to this decision. I told him that I couldn't like him. But... why did doing the wrong thing felt so damn good? I wanted him so badly. Why was I pushing him away in the first place?

NO! I couldn't give in.

With a single kiss on the lips Junsu managed to silence all of my conflicting thoughts. I knew he was bad news. But I was done fighting these feelings. No more torturing myself. I've fallen for him, and it was time to take the bull by its horns.

In the midst of the kiss he bit my bottom lip before pulling back to look at me. "Is it still impossible?" he asked curiously, barely trying to hold back his smirk.

I lowered my head. My mind was telling me to get away from him, but my heart ordered me not to move a muscle.

"Let me take you one more place," he said, "I'll get you home after that. I promise."

"Okay," was all I said.

Once again, I was following him like a mindless puppet in the shopping mall. But this time he was holding my hand. He said that he wasn't about to let me go.

Surprisingly he led me to the aquarium. Being in one of the largest malls in Asia, COEX's aquarium was a sight to behold. It had one of the most interesting aquatic exhibits I've ever seen. There was even something that looked like a refrigerator with fish in it. The whole reason why I told Dad I wanted to move to Seoul was so that I could see this place. I've seen it so many times on the Internet and on TV, and yet I couldn't remember ever coming here.

The last time I went to an aquarium I got so excited that I got separated from my parents. Mom and Dad found me half an hour later in the lost-and-found section of the aquarium, sobbing. How did Junsu know that I loved sea creatures? I felt like a four-year-old all over again. I ran all over the place, pulling him around with me in the process. There was something about fishes that I was obsessed with. It was why I refused to eat any seafood whatsoever.

Junsu's chuckle finally made me snap out of my daze. I blushed.

"S-sorry," I said quickly.

[Junsu]

Her happiness was contagious. Bringing her to this place was the right choice after all.

"If you're happy, I'm happy," I stated.

She gave me a big smile. Believe me, her smile could cure cancer. By the time she was done running around and pointing at things, she was yawning.

"Tired?" I asked her.

"I guess so," she replied, "But I don't really want to leave yet."

"Who said you have to leave?"

So Young giggled. It was music to my ears. "What are you saying?" she replied, "Didn't you say you would bring me home?"

"So you do want to leave?"

"Nope," she said, grinning.

"Now then. Let's go get something to eat."