Chapter One

Once again, sitting on that wooden chair, drinking a cup of tea with an old friend. Gotta say, Asgore's one of the best monsters to make tea. I don't even know what flavour it is, possibly little fruits or eatable flowers or something. It's rare for a busy scientist to go visit the royal family to get a simple cup of tea. Of course, he probably has a new project for me to do in mind. The queen is probably wondering in the flower garden with her little one.

Both Asgore and I were sitting at the table, no one was talking. I guess we haven't seen each other in a while, making it more difficult to start a conversation.
"How's prince Asriel doing?" I asked, "I haven't been able to come by and see him lately.".
I'm always too busy with my work that I have barely any free time to visit them. I don't have a lot of coworkers too. Most of them are working with the basic things while I work with the important/secret projects.
"He's doing just fine." He replied.
He seems to be a bit more serious or concentrated than usual. He probably really has something he'd like me to do.
"Recently, I've then thinking that the underground should be more populated." He said after taking a sip of tea. "We've lost countless monsters during the war.".
It's mostly by then I already knew what he was going to ask. But, would that even be possible?
"Gaster, I have a new project I'd like you to do, or at least try." He sounded more serious. "I want you to try to find a way to repopulate the underground."
The first thing that came in my mind was: "is he crazy?" I mean, how can you create life just like that? You'd need a soul to be able to do that, but I refuse to take someone's soul to do the process. Besides, how in the world would I be able to create a vessel for a soul to hold into? Perhaps it might cause a price.
After thinking about it for a minute, I finally agreed to do the task. The previous project was a waste of time anyway. Feels nice to be working on something else for once. After that, we talked for about an hour. I managed to see queen Toriel and young Asriel too. They seemed happy to see me.

It was getting late, so I said my goodbyes and went back to the lab.
Again, I've stayed up all night to study and find a way to 'create' a monster using science. One thing's for sure, it's not gonna be easy.
Like I mentioned before, this might cause a price.