Chapter Five

A week has passed. It's been a month since MRTS-1 was created.
As usual, I went to go take a look at him to make sure he's alright.
"Good morning, young one." I said. "How are you feeling?".
He was still reading the book I had given him. He turned looking back at me and replied;
"I'm doing great, doctor Gaster! Thanks for lending me this book, it's very interesting! I've learned so many words, and-" and he kept talking and talking.
I was frozen in place. Like- how in Asgore's name did he learn how to talk like this in such a small period of time?
"Say, how did you learn to talk in such a short period of time?" I asked him.
"I've been reading the books you gave me." He replied. "I've read all of them".
Then I noticed the dictionaries next to him.
Then I thought, you have got to be kidding me.
"Are you saying that you've read both dictionaries, completely?" I asked curiously.
"I've read both of them, yeah" he said. "I don't really understand the meaning of the story, but now I understand what the words mean".
Of course he did. Alright, so it took one week to learn how to walk, three weeks to learn to do sign language, two weeks to know how to read and write, and now a month to know how to talk because he literally read two dictionaries.

I sighed. "Child, the dictionaries were only there if you didn't understand the meaning of a word in the book you're reading."
MRTS-1 looked at me confusedly. "Did I do something wrong?"
Now he looked kinda worried.
"It's not-" I sighed again "You did nothing wrong. I just didn't expect you reading the hole thing".
He giggled. What's so funny? Well, at least he's enjoying himself.

I should get back to work. I still need to continue with Asgore's orders to repopulate the underground.