Chapter Fourteen

I'm just guessing that I've been here for a long while.

I haven't seen that human child again either, nor anyone else for that matter. This whole thing is gonna end up driving me insane. It's too quiet. Way too quiet.

''Heya, handyman.'' Someone said from behind me.

I got up and looked behind me. There was another human. They oddly look like the human I saw a while ago, but literally all of their hair and clothing are green. I want to speak, but I don't want it to end like it did with the human earlier.

''It's alright. You can talk.'' They said walking towards me. ''You won't be teleported away like earlier.''

Wait, how do they know? How did they get here?

''Wow dude, you're fricking tall.'' They added. ''I feel like I'm a lil' shrimp.''

They don't seem like a bad person. For some reason, I feel like I know this person.

''Who are you?'' I asked.

''My name doesn't matter at the moment, but let's just say... you can blame me for having an upsetting backstory.'' They said.

''What do you mean?''

''You might be a bit confused, but I'm the one who has created this world.'' They said

Okay. What?

''You look rather... confused.'' They added.

''That's because I am.'' I responded.

''Okay, I'll try to explain. I'm not the best at explaining things, but I hope you'll get the idea.''

''Alright.'' I said.

We've talked for a while. I managed to understand most of it. In resume, my world (Edeztale) is from a small multiverse called 'Seven Worlds' and that multiverse would be considered as one full AU (alternate universe) in the main multiverse in which thousands of other AUs are located. My world might be an alternate version of the 'original world', but my world too has other versions of itself (Edezswap, Edezhorror, Edezshift, etc...), same goes with the other six worlds from the Seven Worlds multiverse. The kid didn't tell me all of them, but they still named four out of the six other worlds: Paintstale, Empathytale, Shurikentale, and Under1918.

Paintstale's story is similar to this world's, but the only difference is that what keeps the monsters alive are not their souls, but their colors. The people there are very colorful, and if they lack of color, they'll die.

Empathytale's story is different than the other three. It takes place during the war or monsters and humans. The creator didn't say much about it though.

Shurikentale takes place in a world of ninjas. Again, it takes place during the war between the human clan and the monster clan.

And Under1918 takes place in a historical even in the creator's world that happened over 100 years ago about a great war between multiple countries. They call it 'World War 1'.

That's all I know about those worlds. Apparently, the other two that weren't named are currently in the making.

''Mind if I ask you a favor?'' ask the creator.

''Go ahead.''

''I'm really busy these days, and protecting the Seven Worlds is becoming more and more difficult.'' They said. ''Would you like to help me by being the Protector of the Seven Worlds?''

I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'm sure that being a protector is a major role.

''Does that mean I get to leave this place?'' I asked.

''Yes indeed. You'll have access to other worlds too.'' They replied. ''You will be able to wander around your world, but only for a limit of time.''

''Why?''

''Because if I remove the fact that you don't exist, it might cause problems.'' They said.

''Wait, what do you mean by 'don't exist'?'' I asked.

''After you woke up in the void, over 20 years after the incident, it had somehow erased you from everyone's memories.'' They said, looking down a little. ''No one remembers you, Dez.''

This can't be. I've been unconscious for over 20 years and people forgot about me? That means even Sans, Papyrus and even Asgore and Toriel don't remember me?

''I know how you must feel right now. I should've told you earlier. But, but can still protect them and the worlds.'' They said.

''Protect the worlds from what?'' I asked.

''Whenever there are creators, there are destroyers.'' They responded. ''Some might try to corrupt the world files while others might try to completely destroy worlds.''

''So, do you accept?'' They asked.

''If it means protecting my loved ones, I'd gladly help you.''

The creator smiled, then somehow tapped my shoulder. For some reason, it feels like a ton of information is entering my head all at once. I know now how to access other worlds, how to fix files, etc. The creator then wished me luck and disappeared.

Even if I'm a forgotten protector, I'll still do my part and protect the Seven Worlds.