Chapter Three

Monster repopulation project test number three: failed again!
It's making me so frustrated. I have that feeling of giving up. You can't create life just like that.
I lower my head against my work table next to the tube. I should just go and tell the king that the experiment isn't going so well. I'll go tell him later, I need some sleep first.

I don't know how long I've been asleep, probably for a few hours. I've fallen asleep quickly as I can see. There are less people walking in the hallways. I should get going and tell Asgore about the experiment.

As I was gonna leave the room, I heard a knocking sound from behind me. "Did something fall?" I asked myself.
I noticed inside the steamy tube a hand against the glass. It seems as if it was pushing the glass. you could tell see my face lit up.
Monster repopulation project test number three [update]: Success
I quickly open up the tube. A wave of steam immediately slapped me when it opened. Thank god I'm a skeleton, if I wasn't, I could've had a heatstroke.
I can now see MRTS-1. He was standing right in the center of the tube. Yes, it's a 'he'. He was holding onto the sides to keep balance. He managed to step out of the tube, still trying to keep balance. Then, he saw me. When both our eyes met, he jumped then fell backwards. He then backed away into a corner. It seems as if he's afraid of me. Why would he be afraid of me, isn't he a skeleton too? How stupid of me, he's scared because he doesn't know me. I guess I'll have to take it easy on him. I slowly approached him, he looked more frighten each time I took a step. I don't blame him though, I do have two scars on my face. They're probably making me look threatening to him. Then I tried to talk to him.
"Are you alright, young one?" I asked slowly.
He doesn't seem to understand me.
Way to go, Gaster, can't you realize that you're talking to a child that has never learned how to speak before?
Honestly, I feel quite stupid. MRTS-1 just woke up to reality. How is he supposed to understand what I'm saying if he never learned?
I sighed. I repeated what I said, but this time, I did some signs.
They say that most of skeletons's first ways of communications are with sign language. I'm not sure why, it's just how it is.
Suddenly he seemed to have calmed down. It looks like he understood. Just to make it easier to him to learn how to talk, I basically talked while doing signs. I basically always do that, even with Asgore. I barely speak their language, I can only say a few words correctly. Although, I understand them. I speak to everyone with Wingdings while doing hand signs at the same time.

"Can you stand up?" I signed.
MRTS-1 tried getting up, but he had a bit of trouble, so I helped him.
"You can hold my hand if you prefer" I signed again. "I wouldn't want you to fall".
He took my hand, it seemed to have helped. You can see it in his eyes that he wanted to learn to walk properly.
We walked out of the room.