Chapter Eight

I was at the table with Asgore. As usual, I was explaining to him about the experiment and all. I also had to explain what Sans did the first few weeks.
Sans was sitting next to me on another chair. Asgore was also asking him questions, and Sans, of course, answered them the best he could.

"Dad, is that doctor Gaster?" Said a familiar voice.

"It is, Asriel. Along with... erm...'' 

''My son.'' I said, a bit embarrassed.

"Your son?" Asriel asked curiously.

"Yes, his name is Sans." Asgore told him.

Asriel walked up to Sans. He looked exited to meet him.

"Howdy Sans! I'm Asriel! It's nice to meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you too, Asriel" he replied.

"Greetings doctor Gaster''

It was Chara, their human child. "Seems like you've brought a friend along"
I don't know the full story, but a few months ago, Chara fell into the underground and was found by Asriel. They took him in and raised him as their own. Chara showed everyone hope that both humans and monsters can live in peace.

"You could say that. This is Sans" Asgore said. Even though I was about to say the exact same thing.

Chara waved at Sans. Sans waved back. He doesn't seem surprised to see a human. Probably because he has never seen one, or that he simply doesn't mind.

"You don't seem to be surprised to see me" Chara said. "I mean, I'm a human and all"

"Why would I be? You're a human, so what?" Sans replied.

Just as I thought.
Chara seemed to be surprised by his answer. It's rare for a monster to accept Chara as a human. He rarely leave the house due to some monsters bullying him. He smiled, as if what Sans just said was a compliment. Which was, in a way.
I never expected Sans to get along with the Dreemurrs that easily.

It's getting late. We should probably get going.
We said our goodbyes and left.