Chapter Twelve

I managed to cross the bridge. Just as Sans arrived at the end of the bridge, the bridge began to tremble and eventually fell, Sans fell too.
I have no time to think!
I managed to grab Sans by his arm. I don't know how long I can hold on-

"Let me go...." He said. "You're waisting your time..."
"I'm not going to let you fall!" I yelled "not like the others!"
"The underground needs you more than me..." He said, sobbing. "So please... let me go, or we'll both fall..."
"That's nonsense! We'll both get out of here!"
"Please just listen to me!" Sans yelled "You're the only one who can give the underground hope!"

I don't know what to do. Why do I always have to make the hard choices?
He has a point though, but... would that matter? No... I know what I have to do. The choice is simple.
I look down at Sans.

"But unlike you" I smiled "I don't have a little brother waiting for me."

With the magic I have left, I use a technique I call 'swap', in which it made me swap places with Sans.
He didn't expect it, judging by that face expression he has on his face as I fall.
It's odd. It feels as if I'm falling in slow motion, just like you see in movies. I see Sans looking directly at me with a traumatized look. If only it weren't for my mistakes, it would've never happened in the first place.
Hey, what was that? Was he shot in the eye or something? I thought I saw something flashing. Either way, I don't see him. Heh, it's probably just my imagination.

It's getting darker...

Yet darker...