Chapter Ten

All of us are working hard on the TS project. Unfortunately, Papyrus can't work with us due to him not being fully 'educated', so a friend of mine is being a babysitter to him back in Snowdin. He's been babysitting him for a while now, a few weeks maybe? Who knows. I lost 'track of time'. I swear, Sans and Calisto are gonna end up making me one of them one of these days.
Some of us even work overnight for the experiment.
The machine we'll use will be powered by the CORE, the substance that powers the entire underground's electricity source. Its power generates from the magma in Hotland. The CORE was also made by me and my past assistants many years ago. In fact, it was one of the first projects I've even done.
The machine should be finished in a few days. I hope this will work. I shall give everyone in the underground hope.

....

Today is the day. Although, it's quite early, so the others arrived a bit late, but that doesn't really bother me.
Everyone are ready, we activate the machine. It seems to be going well so far. This is probably one of the most incredible experiment I've made so far-

"Hey, Doctor Gaster." Roman said "Something seems off"
"What is it?" I ask.
"Is it just me, or it's getting a bit hotter in here?" He replies.

Arial looks a bit worried, it caught Sans's and Verdana's attention.

"What's wrong, Arial?" Sans asked him.
"I don't know..." said Arial "Those button's over there aren't working.."

Sans and Verdana took a closer look, then they immediately ran to me.

"Gaster, we need to stop the machine, now!" He told me. "The CORE is overheating!"
"If we don't, the entire underground could blow!" Verdana added.

Overheating? You have got to be kidding me, but they both looked stressed out.
Then, the alarm activated.
This isn't good...
Plus, it feels like the ground is shaking.
The walls and the floor are starting to fall apart. Not to mention that we're literally surrounded by magma. The bridges could fall and we'd all be stuck here.
I don't know what to do...
What should I do..?