Book 2 (sneak peek)

3 years, and she's still not back. Every single day I can't help but get worry if she's alright or if something happened to her.

I started wandering around the near forest beside the headquarters and oyakata-sama has instructed us to have a 'Pillar training' After the appearance of the marks in the members of the hashiras. But those who made their marks appear still needed to attend the training so that their marks will remain.

I started wandering around noon and now the sun has set and this is the most distant I've gotten away from the headquarter, I suddenly heared soft singing. I followed it and pulled out my sword sensing that it's a strong demon.

Shes sitting on a tree branch. I hid behind a tree and thankfully the tree I'm on have a think trunk. She had long black hair and half of her hair is formed in a bun with a golden and fancy pin and the other half was loose. She's wearing a black with golden floral designed kimono which looked expensive.

"What am I?.. Who am I?.. Am I really his daughter?.." The girl questioned herself, my eyes widen and tears started to flow.

'It can't be' I thought

"Why would he be so protective of you if you're not his?" Another voice asked but it's seems that it's from a guy.

"I don't know.. it feels, different as if those supposed to be caring word with an emotionless voice it seemed forceful.."

Then a demon came down. He had pink hair, markings all over his arm and torso also his face. Then patted his head. "You're not lying.. are you Akaza?" She asked facing the boy now I could see her face halfly.

"K-..Kira.." she turned to me with a shock expression. "Lady Kibutsuji, that's a demon hunter" the boy with pink hair named akaza held her hand as if I'm going to kill her but actually just him.

"He's a Hashira, isn't he.." Akaza nodded "Father won't be glad that I'll be fighting a hashira as of now. Just like what he said, I'm still not that skilled yet. Akaza."

"Kira! It's me giyu! You said you'll come back! What's gotten in your head and you being on of those filthy upper moons!" I yelled hoping that she's just acting all of this.

She looked at me with a disbelief expression. "How dare you talk to the upper moons like that!" She tried to stand up but failed and akaza helped her. "Watch your filthy mouth you pitiful creature. Now that I can still kill you in one move." The way her eyes changed into the threatening ones aren't the same, her voice when she's upset it's different, it's more low than before.

"Akaza... kill him" she said as the pink haired guy looked at her with concern. "In you situation, lady Kibutsuji, I don't think I'll kill him, let's spare him for now, your father will kill me" she sighed and nodded

"Let's go home" Akaza nodded and picked her up bridal style. "Kira! Matte!, please!" She stared at me with an empty expression "Remember our promises, Remember Sabito!"

She blinked a few times and looked away, "Akaza. Move" the guy nodded, he jumped down carefully holding Kira in his arms and both went somewhere.

'She's... been brainwashed...'

I ran back as fast as I could, once I finally arrived everyone's gone, the whole place is empty and quiet, I went to ever estate and went to Oyakata-sama's mansion. But still no one's around. That when a faint cries could be heard. I gripped on my Katana and followed the cries, it was Kira, all bruised up and she's wearing her haori and uniform.

I ran towards and hugged her. "You... you left me" she sobbed "I got tortured for 2 Years and you didn't came, how dare you!" She yelled and pushed me away from her, she slowly stood up and took out her sword. "How. Dare. You. Hug me... Tomioka" then demons, appeard, by the marks on their eyes, they're members of the upper moon.

They surrounded me, mouths with blood and the corpses of my fellow hashiras are lying on the floor, some were dismembered, others got their heads of and others got stabbed.

"K-kira..!" I yelled as she moved closer "wake up! This isn't you!" Again she didn't listen and kicked my face, her kick was strong it made me slide on my right and hit the walls then beside me was another Kira, body all limp and eyes are open but they're not showing any sign of life.

"Giyu..." she called holding her sword and gripping on them

"GIYUU!" She held her sword up, she smiled and whispered enough for me to hear "save me". Then she stabbed me.

-morning-

".. he's alright? Isn't he?"

"He just had a nightmare of Kira and you think he's alright?!, of course he's not!"

"Why not shake him?"

"Man.. he's so pale"

"Is he that worried about her that he started to have bad dreams about gonpachiro's sister?"

To be continued
In the next book