C62. Begging and Rejection

The dock was as busy as usual with people constantly coming and going.

When Mo Qianxue arrived, Wang Tiansong, Fang Datang and others were busying doing their work. Seeing that the lunch was sent here, they all came over with joy. By wind, as the lid was lifted up, the appetizing scent instantly spread all around. People near the construction site all looked at them with curious eyes, especially those porters going on and off ships. Their eyes lit up; some of their even drooled.

Ordering Juniang to give out the food, Mo Qianxue picked up a few bowls to add the pig lung soup into them and then packed a few steamed buns, walking in the direction of the managing office.

Whether manager Tang had had lunch or not, this represented her gratitude.

Since the weather was cold, fearing that the soup might cool down on the way, Mo Qianxue specially asked Juniang to cover the bucket with a worn-out cotton-padded jacket, so now the soup was still steamingly hot.

Manager Tang didn't pretend to refuse but took over the food right away from Mo Qianxue, thanked her and began to eat.

Judging from the look the other two officers ate, their life conditions couldn't be too good. An ordinary officer wasn't paid too much, and he had to support a whole big family.

The three of them enjoyed the lunch very much. Manager Tang also praised the dishes while eating.

There was no restaurant yet at the dock, so the porters only eat old solid food. In addition, after the cleaning woman left, very likely manager Tang only had solid food for lunch too. No wonder that they enjoyed the meal so much.

After finishing the lunch, manager Tang wiped his mouth, still enjoying the great taste and asking, "Mrs. Ning, what is this soup? Will it be one of the dishes in your restaurant?"

"The soup is cooked with pig lungs and tofu. Yes, it'll be one of our specialties. What you do think?"

Officer Li said, "Uh? Aren't pig lungs smelly? Don't they taste strange? But how can you make it so delicious? You're really a good cook. Tell us the secret. I want my wife to cook the soup too."

Officer Zhang said, "So this is the taste of tofu. It's soft and tasty. I heard that tofu can only be bought at Baiyunju in Tianxiang city. Mrs. Ning also knows how to make it?"

Manager Tang didn't show it on his face, but he was also shocked. He almost forgot the fact that tofu had gained huge reputation in Tianxiang city months ago and that in the city, tofu was only accessible at Baiyunju the restaurant. It seemed that this Mrs. Ning was no ordinary people. It would be better to get along with her with sincerity and courtesy from now on.

Besides, the tofu recipe was the lifeblood of a restaurant! The secret! How ignorant Li and Zhang were!

Thinking of this, he gave a glare at them and scolded with a joke, "You two lads. It's good enough to have a taste. How greedy that you should want the recipe!"

Having scolded the two men, he turned back to Mo Qianxue, asking. "Both the steam buns and pig lung soup are delicious. I'm wondering how you'll set the price for them."

Although Mo Qianxue didn't mind the two young officers asking the question, she was still grateful to manager Tang for thinking on her behalf, so she replied with a smile, "It's okay, manager Tang. I take it that these two officers are praising my cooking skills. The steam bun sells at half cent and the soup at five cents."

Manager Tang added, "For each porter, three or four steamed buns can fill their stomach. It's not expensive. But as for the soup, one bowl isn't enough, so the porters couldn't afford the soup if it sells at five cents."