C65. Victory of Bean War

Before Mo Qianxue opened her mouth, sister had already pulled her into the room, shooting out all her worries like a machine gun.

"Mrs. Ning, we haven't seen people coming to trade tofu with beans for many days."

"Liu Laoshan haven't been able to collect beans for many days."

"Without beans, how can we continue our tofu business?"

"I heard that the price of beans is soaring like crazy. Should we increase the price of tofu too?"

"..."

The continuous shooting almost gave Mo Qianxue a headache, "Stop! One thing at a time."

Sister Fang looked very anxious and her heart plummeted at the sight of Mo Qianxue's frowning eyebrows.

Since she was promoted as the manager, the folks in the village began to think highly of her and tried to curdle up with her in the hope of being hired next time the workshop needed workers.

Her in-laws, who hadn't contacted her ever since they lived in separate houses, now came to visit her every a few days.

Certainly, she knew the reason of all this, so she valued the workshop better than anything else. Therefore, how could she not be anxious about the bean situation?

However, now Mo Qianxue was no longer a lone homeless woman but an owner and her boss.

For sister Fang, Mo Qianxue might still be a younger sister, but also her boss. Clear of her position, sister Fang, though worried, showed due respect and slowed down her speech and lowered her tone.

Listening her words, Mo Qianxue remained silent for a moment, looking a little sullen, "How many beans do we have in stock?"

"About two to three thousand kilograms."

"We use several hundred kilograms every day, so we can do for a dozen of days."

"Should we stop making tofu or reduce the amount?"

Mo Qianxue looked up and stopped her, "No, we don't have to. Do what you do as usual."

She must think about it. Beans were supposed to be cheap goods. There must be a reason why the price soared so quickly. A few days ago, she had heard the news but believed it was a rumor, never expecting it was real.

If the price of beans couldn't drop back, she needed to talk with Su Qi.

Mo Qianxue comforted sister Fang and told her to spread the news of recruiting students. Though she didn't understand, she readily nodded and promised to find a few children as soon as possible.

Taking the order, sister Fang set off like a gust of wind. She was such a person who immediately did what needed to be done without undue hesitation.

She left while Mo Qianxue began to worry.

Now they had no beans to make tofu, then where should she get the beans for her future soy sauce factory? Hundreds of cents per kilogram. Even if she had the money to collect beans, at such a high cost, who would buy her soy sauce?

At dinner, Ning Shaoqing asked why she looked unhappy.

A couple should talk about everything with each other. Though they hadn't reached the last step, their hearts were close now.

He asked, and she answered.

"Continue to make your tofu. Beans weren't a rarity. When the price of local beans goes up, there will be speculative merchants who ship beans from other places, and then the price will go down naturally. Why to worry?"