C114. Mingyue and Caixia

Hearing that Mo Qianxue was the lady, nanny Mu instantly smiled pleasingly to her, "Oh, it turns out that lady come to select girls personally. Sorry if I did anything offensive."

This nanny Mu was obviously a sophisticated and tactful business person, her words having no fault to pick, "My studio has all kinds of servants that you can find across the whole Tianxiang city. There is indeed no better place than this. Uncle Yu is very responsible. He has come to choose many days ago. Wait and I'll let the girls out."

Mo Qianxue didn't flow with her words and still said coldly, "No thanks. Let all the girls stand in a row. I'll choose by myself."

The servant girls would be serving her, so they must be to her likings. Why not check all of then instead of selecting from the candidates that had been chosen by others first? It wasn't a life principle of Mo Qianxue to let other people arrange her life.

Mo Qianxue's tone made nanny Mu understand that she wasn't a person that was easily manipulated. Nanny Mu's smile wasn't put out but blossomed brighter. She clapped her hands, "Girls, come out."

Mo Qianxue had to admit that nanny Mu was a good discipliner. With her clapping, the girls standing outside at once mixed into a row, and the other girls coming from inside also immediately stood in a neat row too.

Mo Qianxue's eyes screened over the dozens of young girls, who were mostly at the age of twelve or thirteen. In modern times, they should be going to middle school, but here they already had to work to support themselves.

These girls all carried unhealthy faces, and their clothes were ragged but clean. Mo Qianxue nodded. She hated things to be messy or dirty. Hygiene was the top priority.

But to select two girls from so many people wasn't an easy thing.

She only needed two servants. One must be a good cook, and the other must be excelled at embroidery work. Of course, both of them should be clever and knew how to read air.

Those girls were also secretly regarding Mo Qianxue. Her elegant manners, clear voice, upright eyes were way nicer than those arrogant butlers or nannies from big families, the damn snobs who visited here most.

Hence, by the intuition that had been honed in such an environment, they immediately realized that this woman must be a kind person and that there was a happy life waiting ahead if being bought by her. At least, they wouldn't be beaten or cursed or starved for no reasons.

With the two parties regarding each other, the yard momentarily became quiet.

Yet, after a moment of quiet, most of the girls standing in the yard swarmed to Mo Qianxue and kneeled on the ground before her, yelling one after another, "Madam, I can cook and wash. Please choose me."

"Madam, I'm good at making bed. Please take me back."

Mo Qianxue frowned. Just now that nanny had taught them to use honorific but they forgot in only a few minutes and still used the first person to call themselves. She wasn't emphasizing about social classes, but she didn't like or consider to deal with people who didn't listen after times of repetition and didn't have a sense of propriety.

Seeing Mo Qianxue frowning, nanny Mu sternly looked at these girls and snorted, which made them quiet at once. But still, their eyes looking up were full of begging and expectancy.

Then, Mo Qianxue shifted her eyes to the girls coming out from inside the house. Although their eyes were also expectant, they stood at where they were respectfully and waiting for orders.

Mo Qianxue's cold face turned to the girls rushing over, "Those who has rushed over, stand aside." Then, she turned away to and pointed at the well-behaved ones, "You, come here."