C111. Feel-out

The masked men were in such high spirits that they chasing behind desperately. From time to time, arrows from the dark were shot onto the carriage.

"Lord, there is a hill in front. We can use it as a cover." Awu drove the carriage and observed terrain, driving the carriage to the hill over there.

Asan was busy too. All the arrows on the carriage were drawn out and shot back to the assassin group, so constantly there was sound of people falling off their horses.

The shadow guard stood on the top of the carriage to protect the compartment so that no arrows might hurt lord or lady in it.

However, he was confused. Almost all the arrows targeted at either the horse or wheels. No arrows aimed directly at the compartment.

They didn't seem to act in accordance with the head's order which was to leave no one alive.

"Brothers, attack! The man in the carriage was poisoned and can't use martial arts. The woman in it doesn't know martial arts at all. As long as we kill the guards, the mission is completed."

The leader of the masked group seemed to know psychology well. His words raised the group's morale to a higher level at once.

Awu hadn't stopped the carriage yet, and Asan flew to the group and fought with them.

Distance meant life. He couldn't let these masked men get too close to the carriage, or lady might by hurt accidentally.

No matter how excellent Asan was, he couldn't defeat dozens of enemies alone. Soon, there was blood all over him.

Ning Shaoqing and the shadow guard also joined the fight. Obviously, they were much better than Asan. None of the masked men could get near them.

Some weak ones were knocked down upon facing to them. The rest were also easily dealt with after a few rounds.

Yet, with the number of the assassins, it still took some time to solve all of them. Ning Shaoqing, his clothes floating in the air, flashed up and down among the dozens of masked men. Constantly, blood gushed out of their bodies, but not a stain was sprayed on his spotless clothes.

Basically, all the assassins attacked around Ning Shaoqing and no one went to the carriage in which Mo Qianxue sat. The neighing horses, clanking swords, shrieking people and roaring wind constituted a purgatory on earth.

Mo Qianxue didn't need to lift up the curtain to know how fierce the battle was, but now she had no mercy to the situation. The faster the masked men died, the better.

Otherwise, they would all be in danger.

Awu sat in the front of the carriage and, worrying Mo Qianxue might be scared, frequently comforted her that lord's palm was able to crash people coming in every direction or lord soared up to attack the assassins with one move.

Hearing the horrible yet thrilling sounds of colliding swords, painful screams and rapid horse hoofs, along with Awu's on-site live commentary, Mo Qianxue actually wanted to get out to see with her own eyes the authentic version of chase and slaughter.

However, she never reached out to lift up the curtain, because now she was literally too feeble to truss a chicken. She even didn't have a weapon.

If a masked man really rushed at her, she could only wait for her death. She was afraid that as long as her head stuck out, it would instantly become an arrow target, so sat obediently in the carriage so as not to become a burden for Awu or distract Ning Shaoqing.

These assassins came in a fierce momentum in three waves and totaled fifty people, but within a quarter, all of them were killed.

The leader of the group was caught by the shadow guard, but when he pinched his draw to prevent him from suicide, a blow of wind came from the mountain forest teeming with tree shadows. When the shadow guard looked down at the leader again, he had already died of poison.