C87. Longevity Birthday Noodles

When Mo Qianxue told the story, a smile remained on Ning Shaoqing's face, unrevealing any trace of his true thought.

The smile turned Mo Qianxue increasingly restless. She even lowered her head out of guilt. His eyebrows leaped for a time when she talked about Tong Zijing. She only prayed that he could untie his psychological knot of jealousy.

When she finished, Ning Shaoqing's gaze lingered on her face for a while, "What's done is done. I won't blame you, but let's put an end to it."

Mo Qianxue tried to say something and he added, "You've done your part. It'd be good Mr. Tong gives you the valley. Don't go to Tong mansion anymore even if he doesn't. I'll find a nice place for you."

"But...Zijing..." Now what Mo Qianxue cared was no long the mere valley but Tong Zijing's condition.

After spending a few days together, the poor body really touched some part in her heart and gave her a sense of family. Maybe, in the past few days, she had really treated him as her younger brother.

Now it was a vital phase for Tong Zijing. If she stopped going there, Mr. Tong, the stupid old man, might doing foolish things to him again.

If that happened, the former effort in treatment would be cast to the winds and the pitiful lord's condition would be even harder to heal in the future.

Mo Qianxue's worry all wrote on her face. A ferocious flood of vinegar rolled and roared in Ning Shaoqing's heart, but his face remained calm as usual, "Tong Zijing has his father to take care of him. Why does it have anything to do with you?" Zijing? Were they that close already? Was she treating her husband like a dead person?

Mo Qianxue understood that his seemingly selfish question was jealousy in another guise, and feeling that she couldn't talk him through, she turned away to go out.

Ning Shaoqing threw away his smile. By his temper, it already painstaking easy to let her finishing tell the story of Tong Zijing.

He was also perplexed. Why did the originally warm and loving atmosphere come to an unpleasant end at last?

At the dinner, he still looked gloomy with complicated expressions.

Mo Qianxue called him narrow-minded to herself and afterwards kept wondering how she could go out tomorrow.

Even if she no longer go to Tong mansion in the future, she should notice in advance and leave some guidance so that she herself could rest assured.

After dinner, Ning Shaoqing went out for a walk alone, his footsteps heavy.

Mo Qianxue went to sister Zhang's house at the entrance of the village.

Without her oxcart, she could only bother the only man who owned a horse carriage in the village.

She didn't arrive at sister Zhang's house yet when she heard sister Zhang cursing Zhang Genbao. Mo Qianxue suddenly thought of the scene they had witnessed in the forest and, stopping her steps forward, turned away to go back.

She would rather avoid the trouble than mess up with the woman.

Night fell totally, but Ning Shaoqing wasn't back yet. Asan wasn't at home either. Although Mo Qianxue didn't worry about his safety, she still found herself in a fidget.

Awu was practicing martial arts in the yard, Mo Qianxue, in a daze, came to asked him. Awu stopped, rubbing his head to think for a long while before telling her that it was lord's birthday today. Probably lord was reminded of something, so he went out to take an air to vent his depression.

Could there be anything else that made lord more depressed than this date? But certainly, Awu didn't dare to tell lady this.

On hearing these words, Mo Qianxue at once regretted. If she had known it was his birthday today, she wouldn't have argued with him earlier.